- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Joseph P. Leahy
69, Vietnam veteran, attended St. Paul’s in Lititz
Joseph P. Leahy, 69, died at his Lititz home Monday, Oct. 28, 2013.
Born in Lebanon, he was the son of the late Chester and Margaret Gassert Leahy. Joe was married to Shirley Buck Hoover Leahy for 33 years.
Joe graduated from Lebanon High School and served in the U.S. Navy during the Vietnam War. He worked as a self-employed painter and handyman. He was available to help family, friends and especially older people. Joe loved his collection of trains and doing crafts. Joe was a member of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Lititz.
Surviving in addition to his wife, Shirley, are three daughters: Melody Strickler of Pine Grove, Veronica Godish of Lancaster and Nicole Leahy of Lititz; two stepsons: Jeffrey Hoover, husband of Lois, of Elkhart, Ind. and Kurt Hoover, husband of Robin, of Lititz; 12 grandchildren; and his siblings: Kathleen Zehring and Thomas Leahy, both of Lebanon. Joe was preceded in death by his stepson, Bryan Hoover.
Following Joe’s wishes, there will be no formal services. Please omit flowers. Memorial Contributions may be made to Hospice & Community Care, PO Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send an online condolence, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.