- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Jonathan D. Zehr
51, was mechanical engineer and carpenter
Jonathan D. Zehr, 51, of Lititz, went home to be with his Lord and Savior Thursday, Dec. 19, 2013, surrounded by his family at the Hospice & Community Care, Mount Joy, after a courageous battle with cancer.
Jonathan was born on May 1, 1962 in Lewis County, N.Y. He was the son of Donald and Jean Zehr of Lititz.
Jonathan received his engineering degree from Clarkson University, School of Technology at Potsdam, N.Y., and worked as a mechanical engineer for over 20 years.
Later, he returned to Lancaster County to be close to family, and enjoyed working as a trim carpenter and painter until a few weeks before he died. He was an active participant with the Gateway House of Prayer, Ephrata.
In addition to his parents, he is survived by a brother: Philip, husband of Eileen of Canastota, N.Y.; and two sisters: Kathy Zehr of Lititz and Linda Langdon, wife of George Langdon, Shelburne, Vt.; four nieces: Lindsey, Jessica and Kimberly Zehr and Emma Langdon and two nephews: Benjamin and Samuel Langdon.
A memorial service was held Dec. 22 at Neffsville Mennonite Church, Lancaster.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Hospice & Community Care, 685 Good Drive, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604. To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.