- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
Jonathan D. Zehr
51, was mechanical engineer and carpenter
Jonathan D. Zehr, 51, of Lititz, went home to be with his Lord and Savior Thursday, Dec. 19, 2013, surrounded by his family at the Hospice & Community Care, Mount Joy, after a courageous battle with cancer.
Jonathan was born on May 1, 1962 in Lewis County, N.Y. He was the son of Donald and Jean Zehr of Lititz.
Jonathan received his engineering degree from Clarkson University, School of Technology at Potsdam, N.Y., and worked as a mechanical engineer for over 20 years.
Later, he returned to Lancaster County to be close to family, and enjoyed working as a trim carpenter and painter until a few weeks before he died. He was an active participant with the Gateway House of Prayer, Ephrata.
In addition to his parents, he is survived by a brother: Philip, husband of Eileen of Canastota, N.Y.; and two sisters: Kathy Zehr of Lititz and Linda Langdon, wife of George Langdon, Shelburne, Vt.; four nieces: Lindsey, Jessica and Kimberly Zehr and Emma Langdon and two nephews: Benjamin and Samuel Langdon.
A memorial service was held Dec. 22 at Neffsville Mennonite Church, Lancaster.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Hospice & Community Care, 685 Good Drive, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604. To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.