- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Jon E. Ralston, 51, restoration artist, enjoyed travel, spending time with family, friends
Jon E. Ralston, 51, of Lititz, passed away Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at his residence.
Born in Drexel Hill, he was the beloved son of Raymond D. and Marilyn J. (Tallman) Ralston of Lititz.
He was a graduate of Haverford High School and active in the Boy Scouts of America where he earned the rank of Eagle Scout.
Jon was a talented restoration artist, working with glass and porcelain as his specialties. He had a gift for taking items that were damaged and repairing them so they were almost new again. He owned his own business, Ralston Restorations and also worked at Eberhardt’s Antiques in Philadelphia from the time he was 18 years of age until 2003.
Jon loved to water-ski, liked to travel to destinations such as Italy and Greece and loved animals. He enjoyed the performing and fine arts and was the founder of the Hope & Strength support group in Lancaster. He especially enjoyed spending time with his family and closest friends.
In addition to his parents, he is survived and will be missed by his sister: Jan Frailey of Lancaster; his brother: Jeff married to Rebecca Ralston of Telford’ his nieces: Kristi Frailey and Sarah Ralston; and his nephew: Tim Frailey; as well as his extended family.
Private services were held at the convenience of his family. In lieu of flowers, please make contributions in Jon’s memory to St. Peters Evangelical Lutheran Church, 10 Delp Rd., Lancaster, PA 17601 or to the Ann B. Barshinger Cancer Institute, Lancaster General Health Fund, Development Office, Box 3555, Lancaster, PA 17604 (please note Jon Ralston’s name in memo line of your donation).
To send an online condolence, visit SnyderFuneralHome.com. Arrangements by Charles F. Snyder Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz.