- MC High school hosts Science Olympiad
- Saturday’s travelogue visits China
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Downtown diversity
- MC Middle School principal resigns
- How sweet it is!
- Cool lineup!
- Free PA campground directory offered
- Reality TV celebrity Jon Gosselin to judge Lititz chili
- Locals earn blue ribbons at PA Farm Show
John S. Jurell
90, Church of the Brethren
John S. Jurell, 90, of Wellsboro, died Sunday, June 23, 2013.
Born Jan. 13, 1923 in Lancaster, he was a son of the late Milton and Effie (Snyder) Jurell. He was the husband of the late Vilma R. (Reichenbacher) Jurell.
John was a milkman for many years, and a member of Lititz Church of the Brethren. He enjoyed hunting, fishing, hiking and the outdoors.
John is survived by a son and daughter-in-law: Scott and Sherry Jurell of Mertztown; daughter and son-in-law: Denise and Michael Gehman of Tioga; sister-in-law: Lucille Jurell of Lititz; and four grandchildren.
Funeral services were held June 27 at Lititz Church of the Brethren with Rev. Ralph Moyer officiating. Interment was in the Longenecker Brethren Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be made in John’s memory to the church.