- Memorial Day Parade
- Second Friday the 13th
- Farmers market opens May 21
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
John S. Jurell
90, Church of the Brethren
John S. Jurell, 90, of Wellsboro, died Sunday, June 23, 2013.
Born Jan. 13, 1923 in Lancaster, he was a son of the late Milton and Effie (Snyder) Jurell. He was the husband of the late Vilma R. (Reichenbacher) Jurell.
John was a milkman for many years, and a member of Lititz Church of the Brethren. He enjoyed hunting, fishing, hiking and the outdoors.
John is survived by a son and daughter-in-law: Scott and Sherry Jurell of Mertztown; daughter and son-in-law: Denise and Michael Gehman of Tioga; sister-in-law: Lucille Jurell of Lititz; and four grandchildren.
Funeral services were held June 27 at Lititz Church of the Brethren with Rev. Ralph Moyer officiating. Interment was in the Longenecker Brethren Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be made in John’s memory to the church.