- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
John S. Jurell
90, Church of the Brethren
John S. Jurell, 90, of Wellsboro, died Sunday, June 23, 2013.
Born Jan. 13, 1923 in Lancaster, he was a son of the late Milton and Effie (Snyder) Jurell. He was the husband of the late Vilma R. (Reichenbacher) Jurell.
John was a milkman for many years, and a member of Lititz Church of the Brethren. He enjoyed hunting, fishing, hiking and the outdoors.
John is survived by a son and daughter-in-law: Scott and Sherry Jurell of Mertztown; daughter and son-in-law: Denise and Michael Gehman of Tioga; sister-in-law: Lucille Jurell of Lititz; and four grandchildren.
Funeral services were held June 27 at Lititz Church of the Brethren with Rev. Ralph Moyer officiating. Interment was in the Longenecker Brethren Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be made in John’s memory to the church.