- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
John O. Hershey 92, seed dealer, church deacon
John O. Hershey, 92, passed away Saturday, Dec. 15, 2012 at Landis Homes.
Born in Leacock Township, he was the son of the late Rev. Martin R. and Sue Eby Hershey. He was the husband of the late Dorothy Mae Neff Hershey who died in 2004.
John farmed for 16 years, was a seed salesman for P.L. Rohrer for nine years, then became a self-employed seed dealer for 27 years. He was involved in the mission of Hershey’s Mennonite Church in establishing the Derry Mennonite Church where he served as Deacon.
He is survived by a daughter: Lorraine Graybill of Lancaster; grandchildren: Dean Graybill, Daryl Graybill, both of Lancaster, Dawn Morder of Newport; five great-grandchildren; a sister: Miriam Hershey; and brother: J. Eby Hershey, both of Lititz
Services were held Dec. 19 at West Bethany Chapel at Landis Homes, Lititz.
Arrangements by Furman Home for Funerals, Leola.
About Lititz Record
Never. Lose. Hope.
Drug addiction is everyone’s problem. The nationwide epidemic is well...
- Posted March 17, 2016
Derr commits to Kutztown
Kutztown head women’s basketball coach Janet Malouf got the telephone...
Catching up with Hobson in Lititz
In 2015, Lancaster Barnstormers’ skipper Butch Hobson put himself in...
Back-yard rivals prepare to write another chapter
The lights will be back on this Friday night at...
Park Place Diner Has All Your Favorites
Park Place Diner Has All Your Favorites The best thing...
Arts, crafts and cars: A fun day in Ephrata Sept. 10
If you like crafts and cars, plan to be in...
Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
Summer may be ending, but Craft Show season is...
EPAC’s ‘Glengarry Glen Ross’ opens Sept. 8
David Mamet’s award-winning drama “Glengarry Glen Ross” follows four...
Beth’s Story: Commentary on an epidemic that hits close to home
“Beth’s Story” is the first in a five-part monthly...
- February 18, 2016
Ronald Lee Sandhaus, 69, popular Lititz police officer, HAM radio enthusiast
Ronald Lee Sandhaus, 69, 533 Spring Avenue, Lititz, passed...
- July 23, 2014