- Memorial Day Parade
- Second Friday the 13th
- Farmers market opens May 21
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
John O. Hershey 92, seed dealer, church deacon
John O. Hershey, 92, passed away Saturday, Dec. 15, 2012 at Landis Homes.
Born in Leacock Township, he was the son of the late Rev. Martin R. and Sue Eby Hershey. He was the husband of the late Dorothy Mae Neff Hershey who died in 2004.
John farmed for 16 years, was a seed salesman for P.L. Rohrer for nine years, then became a self-employed seed dealer for 27 years. He was involved in the mission of Hershey’s Mennonite Church in establishing the Derry Mennonite Church where he served as Deacon.
He is survived by a daughter: Lorraine Graybill of Lancaster; grandchildren: Dean Graybill, Daryl Graybill, both of Lancaster, Dawn Morder of Newport; five great-grandchildren; a sister: Miriam Hershey; and brother: J. Eby Hershey, both of Lititz
Services were held Dec. 19 at West Bethany Chapel at Landis Homes, Lititz.
Arrangements by Furman Home for Funerals, Leola.