- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
John O. Hershey 92, seed dealer, church deacon
John O. Hershey, 92, passed away Saturday, Dec. 15, 2012 at Landis Homes.
Born in Leacock Township, he was the son of the late Rev. Martin R. and Sue Eby Hershey. He was the husband of the late Dorothy Mae Neff Hershey who died in 2004.
John farmed for 16 years, was a seed salesman for P.L. Rohrer for nine years, then became a self-employed seed dealer for 27 years. He was involved in the mission of Hershey’s Mennonite Church in establishing the Derry Mennonite Church where he served as Deacon.
He is survived by a daughter: Lorraine Graybill of Lancaster; grandchildren: Dean Graybill, Daryl Graybill, both of Lancaster, Dawn Morder of Newport; five great-grandchildren; a sister: Miriam Hershey; and brother: J. Eby Hershey, both of Lititz
Services were held Dec. 19 at West Bethany Chapel at Landis Homes, Lititz.
Arrangements by Furman Home for Funerals, Leola.