- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Second Friday the 13th
John J. Flynn57, retired chemical engineer
John J. Flynn, 57, Manheim, died unexpectedly in New Jersey, Monday, Oct. 24, 2011.
Born in Pennsylvania, he was the son of the late John and Joan Arthur Flynn and was the husband of Helen Siler Flynn.
He was a retired chemical engineer and a member of the National Society of Professional Engineers, American Chemical Society and the Mount Joy Sportsman Club. John’s hobbies were skiing and scuba diving.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by a daughter: Tiffany Murphy, granddaughters: Taegan and Ciara Murphy, and four brothers: Robert, Patrick and Timothy Flynn, all of Pennsylvania; and Thomas Flynn, of California.
Donations may be made in John’s memory to the American Heart Association.
A private memorial service was held on Oct. 29 at the Nissley Funeral Home, Mount Joy.