- MC High school hosts Science Olympiad
- Saturday’s travelogue visits China
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Downtown diversity
- MC Middle School principal resigns
- How sweet it is!
- Cool lineup!
- Free PA campground directory offered
- Reality TV celebrity Jon Gosselin to judge Lititz chili
- Locals earn blue ribbons at PA Farm Show
John H. Grose86, Wilbur retiree, WWII veteran
John H. Grose, 86, of Lititz, went to be with the Lord Saturday, Sept. 24, 2011.
He was the husband of Mary Wert Grose, with whom he celebrated 63 years of marriage. Born in Thompsontown, he was the son of the late Samuel and Lydia Grose. He originally lived in Port Royal before moving to Lancaster County.
John was employed by Wilbur Chocolate Co. in Lititz for 27 years prior to retiring in 1987. He was a member of Grace Evangelical Congregational (E.C.) Church in East Petersburg. He served in the U.S. Army in Japan at the end of World War II. He enjoyed hunting and fishing.
Survivors in addition to his wife are sons: Rev. Don, husband of Rita Wert; and Daniel, husband of Nila Grose; grandchildren: Anthony, Kelly, Mary, Joshua, Johnny and Ronald; three great-grandchildren; and a sister: Edna Nace.
Funeral services were held at Grace E.C. Church on Sept. 27. Interment will be private.
Memorial contributions in memory of John may be sent to Grace E.C. Church.
To send online condolences, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.