- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
John H. Grose86, Wilbur retiree, WWII veteran
John H. Grose, 86, of Lititz, went to be with the Lord Saturday, Sept. 24, 2011.
He was the husband of Mary Wert Grose, with whom he celebrated 63 years of marriage. Born in Thompsontown, he was the son of the late Samuel and Lydia Grose. He originally lived in Port Royal before moving to Lancaster County.
John was employed by Wilbur Chocolate Co. in Lititz for 27 years prior to retiring in 1987. He was a member of Grace Evangelical Congregational (E.C.) Church in East Petersburg. He served in the U.S. Army in Japan at the end of World War II. He enjoyed hunting and fishing.
Survivors in addition to his wife are sons: Rev. Don, husband of Rita Wert; and Daniel, husband of Nila Grose; grandchildren: Anthony, Kelly, Mary, Joshua, Johnny and Ronald; three great-grandchildren; and a sister: Edna Nace.
Funeral services were held at Grace E.C. Church on Sept. 27. Interment will be private.
Memorial contributions in memory of John may be sent to Grace E.C. Church.
To send online condolences, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.