- Memorial Day Parade
- Second Friday the 13th
- Farmers market opens May 21
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
John H. Grose86, Wilbur retiree, WWII veteran
John H. Grose, 86, of Lititz, went to be with the Lord Saturday, Sept. 24, 2011.
He was the husband of Mary Wert Grose, with whom he celebrated 63 years of marriage. Born in Thompsontown, he was the son of the late Samuel and Lydia Grose. He originally lived in Port Royal before moving to Lancaster County.
John was employed by Wilbur Chocolate Co. in Lititz for 27 years prior to retiring in 1987. He was a member of Grace Evangelical Congregational (E.C.) Church in East Petersburg. He served in the U.S. Army in Japan at the end of World War II. He enjoyed hunting and fishing.
Survivors in addition to his wife are sons: Rev. Don, husband of Rita Wert; and Daniel, husband of Nila Grose; grandchildren: Anthony, Kelly, Mary, Joshua, Johnny and Ronald; three great-grandchildren; and a sister: Edna Nace.
Funeral services were held at Grace E.C. Church on Sept. 27. Interment will be private.
Memorial contributions in memory of John may be sent to Grace E.C. Church.
To send online condolences, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.