- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
John D. Messner86, WWII Army veteran, RCA retiree
John D. Messner, 86, of Neffsville, died Sunday, May 6, 2012 at Moravian Manor in Lititz.
He was the husband of Ella B. Brooks Messner, with whom he celebrated 64 years of marriage this past Jan. 3. Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late John and Laura Brubaker Messner.
John had worked for the RCA Corporation for 37 years until his retirement in 1986. He loved the Philadelphia Phillies and enjoyed spending time with his children and grandchildren. He also enjoyed going to the shore. John was a U.S. Army Air Corps veteran of World War II serving as an aerial gunner.
In addition to his wife, Ella, he is survived by his daughters, both of Lititz: Linda, wife of Douglas Newcomer, and Cynthia, wife of James Anderson, both of Lititz; his five grandchildren and four great grandchildren; and his two sisters: Betty Eager, of Lititz; and Rebecca Geizentanner, of Anaheim, Calif.
He was preceded in death by his son: John D. Messner Jr.; his grandson: Christopher Mitchell; and his sister: Jean Bixler.
The funeral service will be held on May 10 at 2 p.m. at the Charles F. Snyder Jr. Funeral Home and Crematory, 3110 Lititz Pike, Lititz. Interment in Riverview Burial Park.
In lieu of flowers, make contributions in John’s memory to the Christopher Mitchell Scholarship Fund at Warwick High School, Box 726, Lititz, PA 17543 or to Moravian Manor, 300 W. Lemon St., Lititz, PA 17543.
To send an online condolence, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.