- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
John B. Zahn 97, aircraft mechanic, Moravian Manor resident
John B. Zahn, 97, of Lancaster, passed away Friday, Feb. 15, 2013 at Moravian Manor in Lititz.
He was the husband of the late Pauline M. Hoffman Zahn, who passed away in 1980. Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Parke V. and Kathryn Bishop Zahn.
John had been a senior aircraft instrument mechanic for the U.S. Civil Service, working for 28 years at the former Olmstead Air Force Base in Middletown, until his retirement in 1969. After his retirement, he worked for nine years at Millersville State College. He enjoyed golf, playing into his early 90s.
He is survived by his daughter: Mary Z., married to Lynn E. Kister, of Lancaster; two grandchildren: Kyle Bishop Kister and Morgan Trente Kister; and his cousin: Willard F. Zahn, MD of Long Beach, Calif. He was preceded in death by his grandson: Hart Bishop Kister, and his siblings: Richard B., Parke B. and Elizabeth H. Zahn.
Funeral services were at St. Joseph New Catholic Cemetery on Feb. 20. In lieu of flowers, please make contributions in his memory to the American Heart Assn., 610 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603; or to Hospice and Community Care, 685 Good Drive, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send an online condolence, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.