- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
John B. Zahn 97, aircraft mechanic, Moravian Manor resident
John B. Zahn, 97, of Lancaster, passed away Friday, Feb. 15, 2013 at Moravian Manor in Lititz.
He was the husband of the late Pauline M. Hoffman Zahn, who passed away in 1980. Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Parke V. and Kathryn Bishop Zahn.
John had been a senior aircraft instrument mechanic for the U.S. Civil Service, working for 28 years at the former Olmstead Air Force Base in Middletown, until his retirement in 1969. After his retirement, he worked for nine years at Millersville State College. He enjoyed golf, playing into his early 90s.
He is survived by his daughter: Mary Z., married to Lynn E. Kister, of Lancaster; two grandchildren: Kyle Bishop Kister and Morgan Trente Kister; and his cousin: Willard F. Zahn, MD of Long Beach, Calif. He was preceded in death by his grandson: Hart Bishop Kister, and his siblings: Richard B., Parke B. and Elizabeth H. Zahn.
Funeral services were at St. Joseph New Catholic Cemetery on Feb. 20. In lieu of flowers, please make contributions in his memory to the American Heart Assn., 610 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603; or to Hospice and Community Care, 685 Good Drive, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send an online condolence, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.