- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
John A. ‘Red’ Wilson
87, Brethren Village resident,
decorated WWII vet
John A. "Red" Wilson, 87, formerly of Manheim and Elizabethtown, passed away Thursday, May 30, 2013 at Brethren Village, Lancaster.
Born in Tower City, he was the son of the late William J. and Margaret Nash Wilson. He was the husband of the late Ada Shenenberger Wilson who died in 2001.
Retired in 1982, Red worked as a machine operator at Armstrong World Industries, Marietta Plant. In his earlier years, he worked as a machinist at the former Raymark Industries, Manheim and Olmsted Air Force Base, Middletown. He was also owner and operator of the former Wilson’s Atlantic Gas Station, Elizabethtown. Red was a United States Army veteran serving during WW II and he received a Purple Heart Medal and three bronze stars. He was a member of Ruhl’s United Methodist Church, Manheim since 1954.
He was the last of his immediate family.
Funeral services were at Brethren Village Chapel June 4. Interment was in Ruhl’s United Methodist Cemetery, Rapho Township.
Please omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in John’s memory to Brethren Village, Good Samaritan Fund, 3001 Lititz Pike, P.O. Box 5093, Lancaster, PA 17606.