- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Joanne Todd Shaub, 73, WHS class of ‘58, owned art and antique galleries and Florida hotel
Joanne Todd Shaub, 73, of Bonita Springs, Florida and Lititz, passed away peacefully on Friday evening at Moravian Manor, April 4, 2014.
Born in Lititz, she was the daughter of the late Raymond and Anna Diirner Todd.
Joanne was a 1958 graduate of Warwick High School. She also graduated from the Virginia Intermont College; was a 1972 graduate of York College of Pennsylvania where she received her Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Science; received her Master’s Degree from Penn State University in American Studies and was working towards her Doctorate Degree in Organizational Design, Development and Change.
In 1977, Joanne worked for Armstrong World Industries, serving as the Personnel Director, where she received numerous promotions and awards.
Joanne owned and operated an art gallery, an antique gallery in Marietta, and the Turtle Cove Motel in Bonita Springs, Fla. She was of the Protestant faith, attending a church in Florida at one time. She was formerly involved with the Landis Valley Farm Museum, was well educated, enjoyed gardening, fishing in Florida, was an avid reader and loved animals.
She is survived by her son: Matthew J. Shaub, Lititz; and many dear friends.
Joanne’s Life Celebration Service was held April 12 from the Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, with Rev. Thomas P. Gotwalt officiating. Interment was in St. John’s Lutheran Cemetery, Brickerville.
Memorial contributions may be sent to the Humane League of Lancaster, 2195 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA 17602.
Spacht Funeral Home in charge of arrangements. To share a fond memory of Joanne, visit lifecelebration.com.