- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Joanne Sierra 42, worked for Lancaster County, devoted church member
Joanne Sierra, 42, of Lititz, went to her Lord peacefully Monday, March 4, 2013 with her family and friends while she worshipped the Lord.
She had worked for the County of Lancaster for over 18 years.
Joanne was born Oct. 7, 1970 in Lancaster. She was the daughter of Milagros Santos Sierra and the late Jose Valentine Sierra.
Joanne attended Family Life Community Church (FLCC) of Lancaster. She enjoyed church and loved the Lord, spending time with family, the beach, cooking, bingo and knitting. Joanne’s greatest achievements have been in the lives of her loved ones — with her contagious smile and great faith — God used her to prophesize the word in their lives. She was a faithful believer and one of her faith scriptures was Romans 14:8, "For if we live, we live the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord." So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord’s. Her life was unconditional love, kindness, selflessness and generous giving.
Surviving in addition to her mother are two children: Kelsey Michelle Sanchez; and Stephen A. King, married to Erin; three sisters: Angela M. Sierra; Griselle M. Santos; and Marisela, married to Edward "Babe" Ortiz.
She was a loving daughter, sister, mother, cousin, aunt and friend. Her generous heart filled their home with love, faith, fun, family and friends.
Funeral services were held at Faith United Church of Christ on March 11 with Pastor Alex Rivera officiating. Interment was in Mellinger’s Mennonite Cemetery, East Lampeter Township.