- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Joan Hornberger Myers, 78, lifelong Methodist with a passion for mission and justice
Joan Hornberger Myers, 78, a resident of Luther Acres in Lititz, PA died April 2, 2014.
She was born in Frackville, the daughter of the late Grant and Florence Wesner Hornberger. She was the wife of Rev. David M. Myers to whom she had been married for 55 years.
Joan had several different careers and was an active volunteer in both church and community. She was a lifelong Methodist with a passion for mission and justice. She had the gifts of enthusiasm and a positive outlook on all of life.
Along with her husband; she is survived by a daughter: Tara Myers Betham, of Millersville; and a son: Grant Myers and his wife Jennifer of Wayne.
She was predeceased by a granddaughter: Kelli Myers Betham.
Services were held April 8 at First United Methodist Church, Lancaster, with the Rev. J. William Lentz, Jr. officiating. Private interment will be held at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be sent to Hospice and Community Care, 685 Good Dr., P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125, or to First United Methodist Church Memorial Fund, 29 E. Walnut St., Lancaster, PA 17602.
To send an on-line condolence, visit KaSnyderFuneralHome.com. Arrangements by Kearney A. Snyder Funeral Home, Lancaster.