- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Joan Hornberger Myers, 78, lifelong Methodist with a passion for mission and justice
Joan Hornberger Myers, 78, a resident of Luther Acres in Lititz, PA died April 2, 2014.
She was born in Frackville, the daughter of the late Grant and Florence Wesner Hornberger. She was the wife of Rev. David M. Myers to whom she had been married for 55 years.
Joan had several different careers and was an active volunteer in both church and community. She was a lifelong Methodist with a passion for mission and justice. She had the gifts of enthusiasm and a positive outlook on all of life.
Along with her husband; she is survived by a daughter: Tara Myers Betham, of Millersville; and a son: Grant Myers and his wife Jennifer of Wayne.
She was predeceased by a granddaughter: Kelli Myers Betham.
Services were held April 8 at First United Methodist Church, Lancaster, with the Rev. J. William Lentz, Jr. officiating. Private interment will be held at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be sent to Hospice and Community Care, 685 Good Dr., P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125, or to First United Methodist Church Memorial Fund, 29 E. Walnut St., Lancaster, PA 17602.
To send an on-line condolence, visit KaSnyderFuneralHome.com. Arrangements by Kearney A. Snyder Funeral Home, Lancaster.