- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Joan Gilchrist Vetter General Sutter Inn owner 1979-97
Joan Gilchrist Vetter of Ocean City, N.J. passed away Monday, Oct. 22, 2012 at her home.
Born in Brooklyn, N.Y., she was formerly of Lititz. She was also a volunteer for the Shore Memorial Thrift Shop, in Ocean City.
Joan and her husband Richard owned and operated the General Sutter Inn, Lititz, from 1979 to 1997. After selling the inn, the Vetters retired to Ocean City.
Surviving are her husband: Richard Vetter of Ocean City and five children: Deborah Weller (Robert) of Richmond, Va., Marcia Vetter of Denville, Janet Webster (Richard) of Charlotte, N.C., Jean Striegl (Steve) of Pittsburgh, Richard Vetter, Jr. of Lancaster; 13 grandchildren; and 12 great-grand-children.
Memorial donations in her memory may be made to United Hospice of Rockland, 11 Stokum Lane, New City, NY 10956-3505.
To leave a condolence for the family, please visit godfreyfuneralhome.com
This obituary was originally published in The Press of Atlantic City on Oct. 24, 2012.