- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
Joan Gilchrist Vetter General Sutter Inn owner 1979-97
Joan Gilchrist Vetter of Ocean City, N.J. passed away Monday, Oct. 22, 2012 at her home.
Born in Brooklyn, N.Y., she was formerly of Lititz. She was also a volunteer for the Shore Memorial Thrift Shop, in Ocean City.
Joan and her husband Richard owned and operated the General Sutter Inn, Lititz, from 1979 to 1997. After selling the inn, the Vetters retired to Ocean City.
Surviving are her husband: Richard Vetter of Ocean City and five children: Deborah Weller (Robert) of Richmond, Va., Marcia Vetter of Denville, Janet Webster (Richard) of Charlotte, N.C., Jean Striegl (Steve) of Pittsburgh, Richard Vetter, Jr. of Lancaster; 13 grandchildren; and 12 great-grand-children.
Memorial donations in her memory may be made to United Hospice of Rockland, 11 Stokum Lane, New City, NY 10956-3505.
To leave a condolence for the family, please visit godfreyfuneralhome.com
This obituary was originally published in The Press of Atlantic City on Oct. 24, 2012.