- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Joan Gilchrist Vetter General Sutter Inn owner 1979-97
Joan Gilchrist Vetter of Ocean City, N.J. passed away Monday, Oct. 22, 2012 at her home.
Born in Brooklyn, N.Y., she was formerly of Lititz. She was also a volunteer for the Shore Memorial Thrift Shop, in Ocean City.
Joan and her husband Richard owned and operated the General Sutter Inn, Lititz, from 1979 to 1997. After selling the inn, the Vetters retired to Ocean City.
Surviving are her husband: Richard Vetter of Ocean City and five children: Deborah Weller (Robert) of Richmond, Va., Marcia Vetter of Denville, Janet Webster (Richard) of Charlotte, N.C., Jean Striegl (Steve) of Pittsburgh, Richard Vetter, Jr. of Lancaster; 13 grandchildren; and 12 great-grand-children.
Memorial donations in her memory may be made to United Hospice of Rockland, 11 Stokum Lane, New City, NY 10956-3505.
To leave a condolence for the family, please visit godfreyfuneralhome.com
This obituary was originally published in The Press of Atlantic City on Oct. 24, 2012.