- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Jeffrey W. Siwiec 43, self- employed electrician, accomplished musician
Jeffrey W. "Red" Siwiec, 43, died suddenly of natural causes Tuesday, July 10, 2012 of W. Collingswood Hts, N.J.
He was the beloved husband of Kelly Mahoney; the loving son of William Siwiec, of Lititz; and Dona, wife of James Hullihen; and the dear brother of Melissa Siwiec.
Red was an accomplished musician and lyricist. He wrote many songs for and performed in several bands: the Sugar Skulls, Cisco Jeeters, Hell Fire and Brimstone, Snake Handlin Preachers, Red Burns and the Tequila Worms. Red was a self-employed electrician. He was also a gifted cook, the self proclaimed "King of the Barbecue" and loved traveling to New Orleans or "hanging with friends at Ray’s Happy Birthday Bar". Red will be missed immensely by his loving family and all his dear friends.
Red is also survived by his loving grandmother: Helen Siwiec; his dear nephew: Max Mele; and his devoted dog: Devo.
A memorial service was held on July 15 at Bellmawr Fire House, Bellmawr, N.J.
Arrangements have been entrusted to the Creran Funeral Home, Oaklyn, N.J. For more information, visit creranfh.com.