- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Jeffrey W. Siwiec 43, self- employed electrician, accomplished musician
Jeffrey W. "Red" Siwiec, 43, died suddenly of natural causes Tuesday, July 10, 2012 of W. Collingswood Hts, N.J.
He was the beloved husband of Kelly Mahoney; the loving son of William Siwiec, of Lititz; and Dona, wife of James Hullihen; and the dear brother of Melissa Siwiec.
Red was an accomplished musician and lyricist. He wrote many songs for and performed in several bands: the Sugar Skulls, Cisco Jeeters, Hell Fire and Brimstone, Snake Handlin Preachers, Red Burns and the Tequila Worms. Red was a self-employed electrician. He was also a gifted cook, the self proclaimed "King of the Barbecue" and loved traveling to New Orleans or "hanging with friends at Ray’s Happy Birthday Bar". Red will be missed immensely by his loving family and all his dear friends.
Red is also survived by his loving grandmother: Helen Siwiec; his dear nephew: Max Mele; and his devoted dog: Devo.
A memorial service was held on July 15 at Bellmawr Fire House, Bellmawr, N.J.
Arrangements have been entrusted to the Creran Funeral Home, Oaklyn, N.J. For more information, visit creranfh.com.