- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Jean M. Patton89, Lititz native, worked for RCA
Jean Moyer Patton died peacefully in her sleep on May 15, 2011 at the age of 89 in Middletown, Conn. She was predeceased by Robert A. Patton, her husband of 62 years.
She was born on May 11, 1922 in Lititz, the eldest daughter of Isaac and Lizzie Moyer.
Jean graduated from Lititz High School in 1940 and worked for RCA in Lancaster during World War II. She married Robert A. Patton in 1948.
They raised their family in Wyomissing. During that time she worked for Penn Square Mutual Fund. In 1972 they moved to their beloved colonial farmhouse on the banks of Pine Creek in Lobachsville, Pa.
Jean was an avid gardener and cook, she was skilled in many needlework crafts, and she was a self-taught and accomplished ornithologist. She delighted in fall trips to Hawk Mountain and participating in the Audubon winter bird count. She instilled a love of nature and conservation in her family.
She is survived by three children: Susan Louise Patton Munn, wife of Thomas Munn, of San Francisco; Peter Charles Patton, husband of Elsie, Middletown, Conn; and Stephen Rand Patton, husband of Lise Hanners, Weston, Conn. There are also six grandchildren: Abigail Patton Munn, Elizabeth Moyer Munn, Margaret Eliza Patton, Charles Sumner Patton, Emma Hanners Patton and Austin Hanners Patton.
Donations, in lieu of flowers may be made in Jean and Robert Patton’s memory to the Nature Conservancy in Pennsylvania, 2101 N. Front St., Bldg 1, Suite 200, Harrisburg, PA 17110.