- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Jean M. Morrison, 84, Brethren Village resident, passionate self-taught musician
Jean M. (Reese) Morrison, 84, a lifelong resident of Marticville/Martic Forge, passed away July 15, 2014, at Brethren Village Retirement Community in Lancaster after an extended illness.
She was married to Claude L. Morrison for 65 years. Jean was the daughter of Thaddeus & Blanche (Miller) Reese.
She graduated from Manor Millersville High School in 1948 and worked at Sears Roebuck & Company before becoming a full-time mother and homemaker. A passionate, self-taught musician, Jean was the organist and choir director for a number of years at Marticville United Methodist Church. She also sang with the Lancaster Civic Chorus and shared her talents as a choir member at St. Paul’s United Church of Christ (now Church of the Apostles UCC.)
In addition to her loving husband: Claude; she is survived by three children: Sandra, married to Thomas Groff; Randall, married to Luane (Hess) Morrison and Jocelyn; five grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and a sister: Verna Elser.
A Memorial Service was held July 19, at Church of the Apostles, Lancaster. Interment was private at Conestoga Memorial Park.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Jean’s memory to the music program at Church of the Apostles or to the American Diabetes Association, 3544 N. Progress Ave., Suite 101, Harrisburg, PA 17110.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com. Arrangements entrusted by Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz.