- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Jean L. Hawman88, insurance office manager, Brethren Village resident
Jean L. (Kraynick) Hawman, 88, of Lancaster, passed away Friday, Jan. 27, 2012 at Brethren Village in Lititz.
Born in Windber, she was the daughter of the late John M. and Mary (Fonslick) Kraynick. She was preceded in death by her husband, William M. Hawman Jr.
Jean was a member of Grace Lutheran Church. She was employed as an executive secretary for RCA before becoming a homemaker and office manager for her husband’s insurance practice. She was an avid reader, a music lover and a volunteer for several local charities, including Meals on Wheels, Girl Scouts and the Susquehanna Association for the Blind. She loved spending time with her family, especially during summer vacations at the beach, and they will fondly remember her intellectual curiosity, her caring nature and her independent spirit.
She is survived by her children: Nancy Hawman, of Washington; Michael Hawman, of California; Lois Bailey, of Maryland; and Susan Hawman, of the District of Columbia; and three grandchildren.
Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend a service of Christian burial at 10 a.m. on Feb. 4 at Grace Lutheran Church, 517 North Queen Street, Lancaster, with the Rev. Stephen Verkouw officiating. A light reception will follow the service. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Grace Lutheran Church, 517 North Queen Street, Lancaster, PA 17603 or the Susquehanna Association for the Blind and Vision Impaired, 244 North Queen St., Lancaster, PA 17603. For additional information or to send a condolence, call The Gundel Funeral Home Inc. at 393-1776 or visit gundelfuneralhome.com.