- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Jean D. Walmer 73, worked at Woodstream, Miller Hess Shoe Co.
Jean D. Walmer, 73, of Lititz, passed away after a brief illness, Wednesday, March 6, 2013, at Hospice & Community Care, Mount Joy.
She was born in Lititz to the late Paul and Elsie (Fry) Showers, and was the wife of the late Herbert Herman Walmer, who died in 2006.
Jean attended St. Paul’s E.C. Church in Rothsville. She enjoyed her family, pet dogs and dining out.
For over 20 years, Jean worked as a secretary in the human resources department of Miller Hess Shoe Company. She also worked at Woodstream Corporation.
Jean is survived by her sons: Herbert S. (Scott), husband of Margaret Ann (Gable) Walmer, of Lititz; and Lonnie Walmer of Lititz; daughters: Donna, wife of Joseph E. Gerz, of Lancaster; and Sherry L., companion of Gary Root, of Lititz; seven grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
A viewing was held March 10 and 11 at the Stradling Funeral Home, followed by funeral services with Pastor Richard Cook officiating. Burial took place in the Rothsville Lutheran Cemetery.
If desired, memorial contributions in Jean’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care, P.O. Box 4125 Lancaster, PA 17604.