- Taste of the Town – March 5, 2014 Edition
- Slideshow – Snowstorm Pax
- 1944: Ralph Spacht donates Advertisements from 1944 building for community center
- Showcase of Homes
- Record Express undergoes most significant redesign in more than 75 years
- This ice is nice
- Crepes Recipe from the Sugar Arts Institute
- Snowy weather leads to accident
- Fire Co. needs help clearing hydrants
Jean D. Walmer 73, worked at Woodstream, Miller Hess Shoe Co.
Jean D. Walmer, 73, of Lititz, passed away after a brief illness, Wednesday, March 6, 2013, at Hospice & Community Care, Mount Joy.
She was born in Lititz to the late Paul and Elsie (Fry) Showers, and was the wife of the late Herbert Herman Walmer, who died in 2006.
Jean attended St. Paul’s E.C. Church in Rothsville. She enjoyed her family, pet dogs and dining out.
For over 20 years, Jean worked as a secretary in the human resources department of Miller Hess Shoe Company. She also worked at Woodstream Corporation.
Jean is survived by her sons: Herbert S. (Scott), husband of Margaret Ann (Gable) Walmer, of Lititz; and Lonnie Walmer of Lititz; daughters: Donna, wife of Joseph E. Gerz, of Lancaster; and Sherry L., companion of Gary Root, of Lititz; seven grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
A viewing was held March 10 and 11 at the Stradling Funeral Home, followed by funeral services with Pastor Richard Cook officiating. Burial took place in the Rothsville Lutheran Cemetery.
If desired, memorial contributions in Jean’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care, P.O. Box 4125 Lancaster, PA 17604.