- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Jay R. Groff70, Fuller Company employee, school bus driver
Jay Richard "JR" Groff, 70, of Manheim, died peacefully surrounded by his family Tuesday, Dec. 27, 2011 at the Mount Hope Nazarene Retirement Community, Manheim.
Born in Rapho Township, he was the son of the late Paris and Mary Sherer Groff and graduated from the Manheim Central School District. Jay Richard worked for M & M Mars Inc., Elizabethtown; previously he was employed by the Fuller Company, Manheim. Following retirement he drove school bus for the Manheim Central and Hempfield School Districts. Jay Richard was a member of Discover Joy Church and also attended Mount Hope United Christian Church, both of Manheim. He enjoyed turkey and pheasant hunting and was a former member of Safety First Hunting Camp in Franklin County. His interests included traveling through the western U.S., hiking, following local high school sporting events and spending time with his family.
Surviving are three daughters: Teresa "Teri," wife of Steven Goshorn, of Manheim; Denise, wife of Eric Christensen, of Lititz; and Crystal, wife of Jim Milliken, of Manheim; five grandchildren: Ashley, Tierza, Kadin, Dylan and CJ; one step-grandson: Dakota; and a brother: Frank L., husband of Marjorie Groff, of Manheim.
Preceding him in death is a brother: Glenn E. Groff.
His funeral service was held at the Discover Joy Church, Manheim, on Dec. 31. Interment is in the Mastersonville Brethren in Christ Cemetery, Rapho Township.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.