- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
Jay N. ForreyLancaster County bailiff, Korean Conflict Air Force veteran
Retired Lancaster County Bailiff Jay N. Forrey died Monday, May 28, 2012 at the Lancaster Regional Medical Center after an illness.
Born in 1932 in Lititz, he was the son of the late Oliver and Alma Stief Forrey.
Jay served in the U.S. Air Force during the Korean Conflict where he was a cook and attained the rank of airman first class. He was graduated from Manheim Township, class of 1950. Jay served as bailiff with the Lancaster County Courts for 12 years from which he retired and earned the honorary title of bailiff emeritus. Prior thereto, he worked for First Federal Savings and Loan, sold real estate and operated a service station. He was a past master of the Lamberton Lodge 476 F. &A.M. He was also a member of the Lancaster Lodge of Perfection. Jay loved to attend sales, garden, cook and joke around with his family and friends.
He is survived by a sister: Violet Erb, of Lititz; seven nieces and nephews; and his long-time friend and companion: Josephine Smith, of Lititz.
He was preceded in death by two sisters: Marie Risser and Helen Moyer; and a brother: Warren Forrey.
At Jay’s request, there will be no viewing or funeral services.
In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to his favorite charity, the Billett Triplet Trust, Union National Community Bank, 1275 S. Market St., Elizabethtown, PA 17022.
To send an online condolence, visit: kasnyderfuneralhome.com.