- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Janice D. Krull
97, Sunday school teacher,
Red Cross and St. Vincent volunteer
Janice D. Krull, 97, of Lititz, went to be with the Lord Wednesday, July 17, 2013.
Janice was a resident of United Zion Retirement Community. She was born July 10, 1916 in Whitinsville, Mass., and was the daughter of James and Anna Glashower Krull.
Janice graduated from Northbridge High School and Becker Junior College, and was employed by Wyman Gordon in Grafton for 26 years, retiring in 1981.
She taught Sunday school at the Pleasant Street Christian Reformed Church for 27 years and was a volunteer for the Red Cross, Northbridge Association of Churches Food Pantry and a longtime volunteer for the St. Vincent Hospital of Worcester Wee Knitters program. Her exquisite needlework was donated to many Whitinsville Christian School fundraising events.
Janice is survived by her sister-in-law: Betty A. Krull of Lititz; her nieces: Cheryl Marsden of Lititz; Patricia Spaak of Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Janette Bombardier of Colchester, Vt.; and her nephew: James Krull of Boynton Beach, Fla.
She was predeceased by her brother, Maynard J. Krull, in 1994.
Funeral services will be held July 26 at noon at Buma Funeral Home in Whitinsville, Mass. Internment will be in Pine Grove Cemetery, Whitinsville.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Whitinsville Christian School, 279 Linwood Ave., Whitinsville, MA 01588; or United Zion Retirement Community, 722 Furnace Hill Pike, Lititz, PA 17543.