- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Janet A. KauffmanGift shop manager, Landis Homes resident and volunteer
Janet Arlene Kauffman died at Landis Homes Monday, July 9, 2012.
She was born on July 20, 1921, in Gap, the daughter of Jesse and Elsie (Kauffman) Byler.
She graduated at the top of her class from Salisbury Township High School. On Sept. 28, 1940, she married Ammon S. Kauffman, who died in 2009.
Janet was a founding member of Neffsville Mennonite Church, where she was active in the leadership of the children’s educational program and the women’s sewing circle. She furthered her education with adult education classes at East Lampeter High School and courses at the Lancaster School of the Bible. For many of her working years she was a manager and clerk in the gift shops at Plain & Fancy Restaurant. Before that, she had been a secretary for Ralph Graham’s trucking business and Sam Fisher’s hay and straw business. At Landis Homes, where she lived for 17 years, she spent many hours volunteering in various ways.
Janet is survived by two children: Mary Ellen, wife of Willard Martin; and Richard, husband of Suzanne; one brother: Robert, husband of Ruth Byler; four grandchildren: Stefan Martin, Chris Kauffman Weaver, Jeremy Kauffman and Derek Martin; and six great-grandchildren.
Interment will be held at 2 p.m. on July 14 in Mellinger Mennonite Cemetery. A memorial service will be held on July 16 at 11 a.m. in Neffsville Mennonite Church, 2371 Lititz Pike, Neffsville.
In lieu of flowers, memorial gifts can be made to the Caring Fund at Landis Homes, 1001 E. Oregon Road, Lititz, PA 17543.
Bachman Funeral Home, Strasburg, is handling the arrangements. For more information, visit bachmanfuneral.com.