- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Jane L. Wenger 92, Linden Hall grad, pilot
Jane L. Wenger, 92, of Stevens, and formerly of Lititz, died Tuesday, Dec. 25 at the Denver Nursing Home.
She was the widow of John A. Wenger who died in 1992. Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late Harry J. and Elizabeth Leeds Lamparter.
Jane graduated from Linden Hall. She was the first girl admitted to the Fliers Training Class at the Lancaster Municipal Airport and became the first girl to graduate from the Civilian Pilots Training course being offered at Franklin and Marshall College by the Civil Aeronautics board. She enjoyed bridge and painting excursions with her husband John.
Jane is survived by her daughter-in-law: Pamela S. Wenger of Stevens; two grandsons: Joshua David Wenger of Biloxi, Miss. and Jeffrey L. Shirk of Sharpsburg, Ga.; and two great-grandsons.
She was predeceased by a son: David L. Wenger; a brother: Harry J. Lamparter, Jr.; and a sister: Christina L. Hess.
Services were held at Kearney A. Snyder Funeral Home, Lancaster, on Dec. 31. Private interment was held at the convenience of the family. Please omit flowers. Contributions in her memory may be sent to Alzheimer’s Disease Association, 3544 N. Progress Ave., Suite 205, Harrisburg, PA 17110-9638.
Arrangements entrusted to Kearney A. Snyder Funeral Home, Inc., Lancaster.
To send an on-line condolence, please visit KaSnyderFuneralHome.com