- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Jane L. Wenger 92, Linden Hall grad, pilot
Jane L. Wenger, 92, of Stevens, and formerly of Lititz, died Tuesday, Dec. 25 at the Denver Nursing Home.
She was the widow of John A. Wenger who died in 1992. Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late Harry J. and Elizabeth Leeds Lamparter.
Jane graduated from Linden Hall. She was the first girl admitted to the Fliers Training Class at the Lancaster Municipal Airport and became the first girl to graduate from the Civilian Pilots Training course being offered at Franklin and Marshall College by the Civil Aeronautics board. She enjoyed bridge and painting excursions with her husband John.
Jane is survived by her daughter-in-law: Pamela S. Wenger of Stevens; two grandsons: Joshua David Wenger of Biloxi, Miss. and Jeffrey L. Shirk of Sharpsburg, Ga.; and two great-grandsons.
She was predeceased by a son: David L. Wenger; a brother: Harry J. Lamparter, Jr.; and a sister: Christina L. Hess.
Services were held at Kearney A. Snyder Funeral Home, Lancaster, on Dec. 31. Private interment was held at the convenience of the family. Please omit flowers. Contributions in her memory may be sent to Alzheimer’s Disease Association, 3544 N. Progress Ave., Suite 205, Harrisburg, PA 17110-9638.
Arrangements entrusted to Kearney A. Snyder Funeral Home, Inc., Lancaster.
To send an on-line condolence, please visit KaSnyderFuneralHome.com