- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
James R. Johnson, Jr.
83, U.S. Air Force, CIGNA and Nationwide employee
James R. Johnson, Jr., 83, of Lititz, passed away Thursday, May 16, 2013 at United Zion Retirement Community, Lititz where he had been a resident for two months.
He was born in Columbia Aug. 21, 1929, and was the son of the late James R. and Dorothy Johnson. He was married to Joan Fasnacht Johnson. In addition to his wife, he is survived by three daughters: Elizabeth (Drew) Borowski, North Wales; Susan (Michael) Martin, Jenkintown; Jennifer (John) Horning, Charlotte, N.C.; and five grandchildren: James Friedberg, Amy Friedberg, Molly Martin, Zachary and Tyler Horning.
Jim was a 1947 graduate of the former Lititz High School and a 1951 graduate of Penn State University. He continued his education at the Wharton School of University of Pennsylvania. He served in the U.S. Air Force for four years, two of which were served in Air Intelligence at the Fifth Air Force in Nagoya, Japan.
Jim worked for two Philadelphia insurance companies, the former Insurance Co. of North America, now CIGNA and the former Provident Mutual Insurance Co., now Nationwide. Jim had many interests including travel, the ocean, trout fishing, Penn State football, photography, watching movies, was an avid reader and enjoyed spending time with his family and friends. He will be greatly missed by his devoted family and his beloved Irish Setter, Zoey.
Private graveside to be held at the convenience of the family in the Moravian Cemetery, Lititz.
Contributions in his honor may be made to: Doctors Without Borders, 333 7th Ave., NY, NY 1001-5004.