- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
James R. Herr76, of Lititz, Goodwill employee
James R. Herr, 76, of Lititz, died peacefully surrounded by family Thursday afternoon, Dec. 22, 2011 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Robert Brenner and Ruth Virginia Miller Herr.
He attended the Lancaster city schools. He had a life-long passion for his family and enjoyed quality time with all. Jim worked several years for Goodwill Industries and enjoyed collecting stamps, toy autos and trucks.
He is survived by his brother: David F. Herr, husband of Susanne (Stephens) Herr, of Wilmington, N.C.; and a sister: Susan C. (Herr) Christy, wife of Michael W. Christy, of Huntingdon; six nieces and nephews: Carolyn S. Christy, of Huntingdon; Sally A. Metz, of Lancaster; Abby L. Busko, of Oxford; Michael D. Christy, of Concord, N.C.; Shellie H. Whitehurst, of Wilmington, N.C.; and Jeffrey D. Herr, of Richmond, Va.; nine great-nieces and nephews; and one great-great niece.
He was preceded in death by his brother: Thomas E. Herr, who died April 9, 2011.
Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend his memorial service on Dec. 29 at 2 p.m. in the Moravian Manor Chapel, 300 W. Lemon St., Lititz, with the Rev. Richard Thierolf officiating. A private family interment will be in Creswell Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Jim’s memory may be made to the Moravian Manor’s Benevolent Care Fund, 300 W. Lemon St., Lititz, PA 17543 to help support the Manor’s charitable ministry.
Online condolences may be posted at thegroffs.com.