- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
James R. Herr76, of Lititz, Goodwill employee
James R. Herr, 76, of Lititz, died peacefully surrounded by family Thursday afternoon, Dec. 22, 2011 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Robert Brenner and Ruth Virginia Miller Herr.
He attended the Lancaster city schools. He had a life-long passion for his family and enjoyed quality time with all. Jim worked several years for Goodwill Industries and enjoyed collecting stamps, toy autos and trucks.
He is survived by his brother: David F. Herr, husband of Susanne (Stephens) Herr, of Wilmington, N.C.; and a sister: Susan C. (Herr) Christy, wife of Michael W. Christy, of Huntingdon; six nieces and nephews: Carolyn S. Christy, of Huntingdon; Sally A. Metz, of Lancaster; Abby L. Busko, of Oxford; Michael D. Christy, of Concord, N.C.; Shellie H. Whitehurst, of Wilmington, N.C.; and Jeffrey D. Herr, of Richmond, Va.; nine great-nieces and nephews; and one great-great niece.
He was preceded in death by his brother: Thomas E. Herr, who died April 9, 2011.
Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend his memorial service on Dec. 29 at 2 p.m. in the Moravian Manor Chapel, 300 W. Lemon St., Lititz, with the Rev. Richard Thierolf officiating. A private family interment will be in Creswell Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Jim’s memory may be made to the Moravian Manor’s Benevolent Care Fund, 300 W. Lemon St., Lititz, PA 17543 to help support the Manor’s charitable ministry.
Online condolences may be posted at thegroffs.com.