- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
James R. Bowersox 65, former assistant chief for Brunnerville Fire Co.
James R. Bowersox, 65, of Lititz, passed away at his home March 22, 2013.
Born in Hanover, he is the son of Pearl Shryock Bowersox and the late Robert H. Bowersox. He is survived by Deborah Crist Bowersox, his wife of 37 years.
Jim was a graduate of Spring Grove High School and a salesman for Chemgro Fertilizer for 37 years. He was a member of Manheim Grace Brethren Church and the Young Farmers Association. He served as a former Scoutmaster and former assistant chief of the Brunnerville Fire Company. An antique tractor collector and announcer for tractor pulls, he also enjoyed being a KCG master BBQ judge.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by a son: Robert, husband of Amy, Vista, Calif.; a daughter: Heather Leininger, wife of Joshua, Manheim; granddaughter: Anna Leininger; brothers: Richard, Thomasville; Alan, Spring Grove; and a sister: Belinda Tiner, wife of Jim, Fayetteville, N.C.
Funeral services will be held on Thursday, March 28 at 10:30 a.m. at Grace Church, 501 W. Lincoln Ave., Lititz. A viewing will be held Wednesday at the Richard H. Heisey Funeral Home in Lititz, and for one hour prior to the service on Thursday at the church. Burial will be in the York Road Cemetery in Hanover.
The family requests that donations be made in Jim’s memory to the Manheim Grace Brethren Church, 333 E. High St., Manheim, PA 17545.
To send online condolences, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.