- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
James R. Bowersox 65, former assistant chief for Brunnerville Fire Co.
James R. Bowersox, 65, of Lititz, passed away at his home March 22, 2013.
Born in Hanover, he is the son of Pearl Shryock Bowersox and the late Robert H. Bowersox. He is survived by Deborah Crist Bowersox, his wife of 37 years.
Jim was a graduate of Spring Grove High School and a salesman for Chemgro Fertilizer for 37 years. He was a member of Manheim Grace Brethren Church and the Young Farmers Association. He served as a former Scoutmaster and former assistant chief of the Brunnerville Fire Company. An antique tractor collector and announcer for tractor pulls, he also enjoyed being a KCG master BBQ judge.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by a son: Robert, husband of Amy, Vista, Calif.; a daughter: Heather Leininger, wife of Joshua, Manheim; granddaughter: Anna Leininger; brothers: Richard, Thomasville; Alan, Spring Grove; and a sister: Belinda Tiner, wife of Jim, Fayetteville, N.C.
Funeral services will be held on Thursday, March 28 at 10:30 a.m. at Grace Church, 501 W. Lincoln Ave., Lititz. A viewing will be held Wednesday at the Richard H. Heisey Funeral Home in Lititz, and for one hour prior to the service on Thursday at the church. Burial will be in the York Road Cemetery in Hanover.
The family requests that donations be made in Jim’s memory to the Manheim Grace Brethren Church, 333 E. High St., Manheim, PA 17545.
To send online condolences, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.