- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
- Lowe’s, Aaron’s Acres team to upgrade Manheim park
- Flying high for fun — for now
- Countdown to Chocolate Walk
James E. Ashby 89, WW II veteran, Pennfield retiree
James E. Ashby, 89, of Lititz, passed away on Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2013. He was the loving husband of Frances Wimer Ashby with whom he had celebrated 60 wonderful years of marriage. He was born in Lancaster, and was a son of the late James E. Ashby and Bertha Buckwalter Ashby-Duke.
Jim was a member of Grace Lutheran Church, Lancaster and later First Presbyterian Church of Strasburg. A PFC in the US Army during World War II, he served with the 397th Infantry Regiment, 100th Division. He retired from Pennfield Corporation after 30 years of service.
Surviving besides his wife, Frances, are two loving daughters: Debra A., wife of LeRoy Welk of Quarryville; Kathy L., wife of John G. Fetter of East Petersburg; four grandchildren; four great grandchildren; and nieces and nephews.
A memorial service was held at First Presbyterian Church of Strasburg on March 2 with Rev. Robert K. Bronkema officiating. A visitation was held at the church until the time of service. Traditional interment was private at Laurel Hill Memorial Gardens.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Jim’s memory to the American Heart Association, 610 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603. To send an online note of condolence, please visit reynoldsfuneralhome.net.