- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Jacob N. Hostetter
91, Pleasant View board member emeritus
Jacob N. Hostetter, 91, of Pleasant View Retirement Community, passed away Thursday, Sept. 5, 2013.
Formerly of Lititz, he was born in Ephrata, and was the son of the late Joseph E. and Lydia Nolt Hostetter. He was the husband of the late Esther B. Todd Hostetter.
Jacob was a member of New Haven Mennonite Church and a painter and paper hanger by trade. He was approached in 1971 to serve as one of the original board members for Pleasant View. After 25 years of service, he left the board in 1996. Having served the longest tenure of any of the original board members, he was elected board member emeritus. He enjoyed helping people and was an active volunteer at Pleasant View. He assisted with the home’s auxiliary activities, helped transport residents and at Christmas, he ran the home’s model railroad setup.
He is survived by his children: Bertha, wife of Jason Bange, Hanover; Carl Hostetter, husband of Sharon, Gordonville; Ruth, wife of Glenn Heisey, Lititz; a sister: Anna, wife of Moses Martin, Hopeland; a brother: Amos Hostetter, Mohnton; 11 grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren. He is preceded in death by his siblings: Samuel and Elizabeth, and half siblings: Mary, Aaron and Martin and a step brother: Elvin Martin.
Funeral services were led by Pastor LeRoy G. Martin, Pastor Glen Fox, and Deacon Amos S. Hurst Sept. 9 at New Haven Mennonite Church, Lititz, with a viewing one hour prior to the service.
Memorial contributions in memory of Jake can be made to New Haven Mennonite Church, c/o Deacon Amos S. Hurst, 140 Rothsville Station Rd., Lititz, PA 17543 or Pleasant View Benevolent Fund. To send online condolences, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.