- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Jacob K. Hershey
92, farmer, Middle Creek deacon
Jacob K. Hershey, 92, of Lititz, went home to be with his Lord and Savior Tuesday evening, July 9, 2013 at his residence.
Born in Penn Township, he was the son of the late Graybill and Orpha Kulp Hershey. He was the husband of Verna M. Kreider Hershey for 67 years on Feb. 23.
Jacob was a member of Middle Creek Church of the Brethren in Lititz, where he served as a deacon for 40 years. He also served on the cemetery board for more than 40 years.
He was a self-employed farmer in Ephrata Township, and was also a school bus driver for 37 years for Groff Bus Company in Ephrata. In addition to watching sporting events, Jacob enjoyed spending time with his grandchildren.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by a daughter: Kathy Ann Hershey of Earlville, Md.; a daughter-in-law: Linda Hershey Fudrow of Reamstown; four grandchildren: Debra, wife of Keith Kauffman; Keith, husband of Elizabeth Hershey; Jason, husband of Melissa Hershey; and Corey Landis; seven great-grandchildren; and one brother: Daniel, husband of Joretta Hershey, of Manheim.
He was preceded in death by a son: Dale E. Hershey; and two brothers: John and Caleb Hershey.
Services were held July 13 at Middle Creek Church of the Brethren with ministers Paul Brubaker and Ivan Lutz officiating. Interment in the adjoining church cemetery. If desired, contributions may be made to Middle Creek Church of the Brethren.