- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Jacob “Jake” Harlan Stauffer
83, motorcycle enthusiast,
Warner Lambert retiree
Jacob "Jake" Harlan Stauffer, 83, of Lititz, passed away Friday, Sept. 27, 2013 at home. Born in Lititz, he was the son of the late Jacob and Stella Maurer Stauffer. He was preceded in death by his wife, Arline M. Stauffer.
He was a 1948 graduate of Lititz High School. He was a member of the Pagoda Motorcycle Club Precision Drill Team, Harley Davidson Dressers & Touring Association. and H.O.G. Prior to his retirement he worked for Warner Lambert for over 30 years.
He is survived by his children: Francis Miller, Jr., Lititz; Kerry, husband of Lauri Stauffer, Lititz; Kathryn, wife of Gary Nolt, Lititz; Kristine Miller, Lancaster; Sandra, wife of Barry Nelson, Marietta; 11 grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren. He is preceded in death by sons: Edward Miller and Randy Stauffer.
Relatives and friends are invited to attend his life celebration memorial service at Spacht Funeral Home, 127 S. Broad St. Lititz, PA 17543 on Oct. 5 at 10 a.m. There will be a visitation one half hour prior to the service.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in his memory to Hospice & Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster PA 17604-4125. Burial will be private.
To honor Harlan, you are encouraged to ride your motorcycles to the service in his memory.