- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
J. Marlin Rhoads84, deacon, expert gardener
J. Marlin Rhoads, 84, of Mountville, went home to the Lord Wednesday, Aug. 3, 2011 following a short illness.
Born in Lititz, he was the son of the late Daniel H. Rhoads and Elizabeth E. Rhoads Landis. He was the husband of A. Naomi Oberholtzer Rhoads, and they celebrated their 64th wedding anniversary in May of this year.
Marlin’s life was centered on his family and his strong faith in God. He was a member of Hempfield Brethren in Christ Church and served in many capacities including deacon, Sunday school teacher, MMA advocate and many more. Marlin was an expert gardener and generously shared his bounty with family and friends. He retired from Pennfield Feeds in 1989 but continued working at That Fish Place until 2008.
Surviving in addition to his wife are three daughters: Janet, wife of Harry J. Perkins, of Lancaster; Linda, wife of Steven H. McLain, of Pequea; Lois, wife of Robert G. Murr, of Fayetteville; nine grandchildren: Daryl, Karen, Anita, Crystal, Lorinda, Jeffrey, Janelle, Collin and Derek; nine great-grandchildren; a son-in-law: Grayson C., husband of Sandy Phipps, of Mechanicsburg; four brothers: Daniel, Abram, John and Melvin Rhoads; and a sister: Anna Shirk.
He was preceded in death by a daughter: Shirley Phipps; and a brother: Samuel Rhoads.
Funeral services were held at Hempfield Brethren in Christ Church, Lancaster, with Pastor Bob Murr and Pastor Dave Miller officiating. Interment took place in East Petersburg Mennonite Cemetery. Those desiring may send contributions in Marlin’s memory to Hempfield Brethren in Christ Church, 2600 Marietta Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17601 or Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.