- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
J. Kenneth Moyer80, owner, electric business, avid hunter
J. Kenneth "Ken" Moyer, 80, of Manheim, went to be with his heavenly father Thursday, August 4, 2011 at Hospice of Lancaster County, Mount Joy.
Born in Rapho Township, he was the son of the late Clarence and Jennie Rohrer Moyer. He was the loving husband of Lorraine Sensenig Moyer, and they observed their 10th wedding anniversary in September of last year. Ken’s first wife was the late Elva M. Sauder Moyer, who died in 1999.
For over 29 years, he was the owner and operator of Ken Moyer Electric in Manheim before retiring in 2008. Ken faithfully attended Grace Brethren Church of Manheim. An avid hunter and fisherman, Ken was a life member of the National Rifle Association and a member of the North American Hunting Club. He enjoyed spending time at the family cabin, "Pine Brook Acres" in Snyder County.
Surviving in addition to his wife is a daughter: Bev, wife of Gary Eshleman, of Warsaw, Ind.; a son: Cliff, husband of Deb Bean Moyer, of Lititz; three stepsons; one stepdaughter; eight grandchildren; 11 step-grandchildren, seven great-grandchildren, five step-great-grandchildren; two sisters: Ruth, wife of Delmar Ebersole, of Iowa; Mary Jane, wife of Roy K. Sauder, of Manheim; and a brother: Clarence "Chut," husband of Lois Moyer, of Manheim.
Preceding him in death is a brother: Clyde Moyer.
Services will be private and at the convenience of the family. Interment is in Manheim Fairview Cemetery, Penn Township. Kindly omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Ken’s memory to the Grace Brethren Church of Manheim, 333 East High Street, Manheim, PA 17545.
To send the family online condolences, visitbuchfuneral.com.