- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
J. Donald Hertzler
87, WWII veteran, worked for
J. Donald "Whitey" Hertzler, 87, of Lititz, passed away peacefully Sunday, May 12, 2013 at Hospice and Community Care, Bob Fryer & Family Inpatient Center, Mount Joy.
Born in Manheim, he was the son of the late Clarence and Mary Amand Hertzler. He was married to the late Betty L. Summers Hertzler and late Mary M. Weidler Hertzler.
He is survived by a daughter: Barbara J. (Gary S.) Hoffer, Ephrata; a son: Gary J. Hertzler, Fla.; four grandchildren: Christina (Rob) Glick, Sheryl (Mark) Rettew, Justin (Kristen) Hoffer, Shari (Kenneth) McWilliams; seven great-grandchildren: Tyler, Nicholas, Kyle, Natalie, Owen, Oliver, Israel; a brother: Benjamin (Gloria) Hertzler; and two sisters: Mary Jane (Chet) Schoenberger and Nancy (Pete) Denlinger. He was preceded in death by a sister: Dorothy Metzler.
Whitey was a veteran of World War II, serving in the U.S. Navy in the South Pacific on the USS LST 556.
He worked as a heat and frost insulator for Owens Corning and Johns Manville. Whitey was an avid golfer enjoyed bowling, woodworking and going to breakfast with his friends. He was a member of the VFW, American Legion and AMVETS.
Whitey’s life celebration gathering will be held at Barbara’s home, 1004 Henn Ave., Ephrata May 17 from 4 to 7 p.m. Private interment in Conestoga Memorial Park, Lancaster.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to Hospice and Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 or Lititz VFW Post 1463, 14 N. Spruce St., Lititz, PA 17543.