- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
J. Dean Burkholder 65, MCHS grad, AA mentor
J. Dean Burkholder, 65, of Lancaster passed away Dec. 3, at Pinnacle Hospital, Harrisburg.
He was the son of the late John and Esther Burkholder of Lititz.
A graduate of Manheim Central HS and Lebanon Valley College, Dean earned a master’s degree in Urban and Regional Planning from Penn State Capital Campus. Founder/President of Human Services Planning Systems, Inc., Dean worked as a consultant with many human service agencies. He coached youth baseball in Ephrata, played organ at Lancaster senior centers and mentored participants in Alcoholics Anonymous. His great joys included genealogy and playing with the family dogs, Katie and Gizmo.
In addition to his wife, Catherine, Dean is survived by his daughter: Dara (wife of JesÃºs Morales); son: John (husband of Erin McNamara Burkholder); six grandchildren; and sister: Kay (wife of Barry Hoke).
He was predeceased by brother: Dennis.
A memorial service will be held at Lancaster Church of the Brethren on Dec. 16 at 2 p.m. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to American Heart Association, PO Box 15120, Chicago, IL 60693.