- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
J. Dean Burkholder 65, MCHS grad, AA mentor
J. Dean Burkholder, 65, of Lancaster passed away Dec. 3, at Pinnacle Hospital, Harrisburg.
He was the son of the late John and Esther Burkholder of Lititz.
A graduate of Manheim Central HS and Lebanon Valley College, Dean earned a master’s degree in Urban and Regional Planning from Penn State Capital Campus. Founder/President of Human Services Planning Systems, Inc., Dean worked as a consultant with many human service agencies. He coached youth baseball in Ephrata, played organ at Lancaster senior centers and mentored participants in Alcoholics Anonymous. His great joys included genealogy and playing with the family dogs, Katie and Gizmo.
In addition to his wife, Catherine, Dean is survived by his daughter: Dara (wife of JesÃºs Morales); son: John (husband of Erin McNamara Burkholder); six grandchildren; and sister: Kay (wife of Barry Hoke).
He was predeceased by brother: Dennis.
A memorial service will be held at Lancaster Church of the Brethren on Dec. 16 at 2 p.m. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to American Heart Association, PO Box 15120, Chicago, IL 60693.