- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
J. Craig Hess
65, regional manager at Dart,
former drag racer
J. Craig Hess, 65, of Lititz, passed away at Hospice and Community Care Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2013 after a brief illness.
Born in Lititz, he was the husband of Nancy Ruhl Hess and they celebrated their 47th wedding anniversary March 6, after meeting each other in high school. He was the son of the late James and Caroline Fry Hess.
He was a former member of the First Church of God in Lititz and had a passion for cars, motorcycles and boating. He loved his 1932 Hot Rod and was a member of the Draggin Wagon Group, as well as the Corvette Club. He also enjoyed boating on the Susquehanna River. At one time he was a drag racer with his cars and motorcycles at Maple Grove. But most of all he loved his family. Craig worked his way up the ladder at Dart Container where he became the regional manager and worked for 46 years.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by three children: Carolyn, husband of Eric Stauffer, Lititz; Jon Hess, Atlanta, Ga. and Jim, husband of Lauren (Edmiston) Hess, Las Vegas, Nev. and seven grandchildren: Jayden Hess, Natalie Rovetto, Dylan and Brooke Stauffer; Olivia Hess, Emily Hess and Abby Hess. Two brothers, Douglas and Brian Hess, preceded him in death.
Relatives and friends attended Craig’s life celebration funeral service from Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, Oct. 19 with Pastor R. Vic Shifler officiating. Interment was at Brownstown Evangelical Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be sent to Hospice and Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
For online condolences, visit spachtfuneral home.com.