- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
Ivan E. Boyer 71, Marine, ENB employee
Ivan E. Boyer, 71, of Akron, passed away Monday, May 28, 2012 at the Ephrata Community Hospital.
He was born in Brunnerville to the late Warren and Evelyn (Ditzler) Boyer and was the husband of Janet E. Boyer. They were married 51 years.
Ivan enjoyed spending time with his grandchildren. A veteran, he served in the U.S. Marine Corps. Ivan worked in maintenance for Ephrata National Bank and Zinn’s Park until his retirement in 2006. Ivan also enjoyed golf and woodworking.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by three sons: Brian E. Boyer, of Ephrata; Robin L., husband of Janice Boyer, of Ephrata; and Michael R., husband of Christina M. (Johns) Boyer, of Stevens; a brother: Raymond, husband of Janet Boyer, of Akron; a sister: Shirley Knier, companion of Bill Rice, of Lititz; and four grandchildren: Megan, Kristen, Sarah and Brock.
A memorial service was held on June 1 at the Akron Church of the Brethren with Pastor Tom Weber officiating. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family.
Kindly omit flowers. Memorial contributions in Ivan’s memory may be made to the Building Fund of Akron Church of the Brethren, 613 Main St., Akron, PA 17501.
Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.