- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
Irvin E. Ellmaker91, Lititz native, WWII veteran
Irvin E. Ellmaker, 91, of Mountville and formerly of Lititz, died Tuesday, Dec. 27, 2011 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Lititz, he was the son of the late Abraham and Elizabeth Texter Ellmaker. His wife, Esther Graybill Ellmaker, passed away in 1990.
Known as "Elly" to his friends, he served in the U.S. Army during World War II in Washington, D.C.
He worked as a mechanic at Packard Co., Lancaster; Miller and Breneman Garage and Dombach’s Garage in Millersville; and after retiring he worked at Columbia Tire Outlet, Columbia.
He enjoyed fishing, going to the races at local dirt tracks and collecting racing memorabilia. He was an avid NASCAR fan.
He will be lovingly missed by: a daughter: Georgia A. Watson, of Manchester; a son: Robert L. Graybill, husband of Holly Haines, of Columbia; 14 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; one great-great-grandchild; and his faithful companion and dog: Rusty.
He was preceded in death by a daughter: Betty Ellmaker Klugh; a son: Donald Ellmaker; one brother; and three sisters.
The family received friends at the Richard A. Sheetz Funeral Home, Lancaster, on Dec. 30.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be sent to the Humane League of Lancaster County, 2195 Lincoln Hwy. East, Lancaster, PA 17602.
For other information or to send an online condolence to the family, visit kasnyderfuneralhome.com.