- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
- Northwest EMS breaks ground on new Manheim facility
- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
Irene Whiting, 85, homemaker, member of St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church
Irene Whiting, 85, of Lancaster died Monday, June 9, 2014 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Philadelphia, on Jan. 11, 1929, she was the daughter of the late Boleslaw Uminski and Jadwiga Uminski. She was the wife of Maurice Whiting, to whom she was married for 63 years.
She was a homemaker and a member of St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church. She was also a member of St. Joseph’s Junior Auxiliary.
Besides her husband, she is survived by sons: Kenneth W. Whiting, husband of Loretta of Windsor, Conn., Ronald F. Whiting, husband of Rhonda of Lititz, Richard A. Whiting, husband of Debe of Elizabethtown; daughter, Diane wife of L. Daniel King of Lock Haven; 11 grandchildren; two great-grandchildren, and a sister-in-law: Faythe Uminski.
She was preceded in death by a brother, William F. Uminski.
Services were held June 13 at St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church, Lancaster. Final commendation and farewell was at St. Anthony’s Cemetery.
Furman’s Funeral Home, Leola, handled the arrangements. Online condolences may be left at FurmanFuneralHome.com.