- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
Irene Whiting, 85, homemaker, member of St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church
Irene Whiting, 85, of Lancaster died Monday, June 9, 2014 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Philadelphia, on Jan. 11, 1929, she was the daughter of the late Boleslaw Uminski and Jadwiga Uminski. She was the wife of Maurice Whiting, to whom she was married for 63 years.
She was a homemaker and a member of St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church. She was also a member of St. Joseph’s Junior Auxiliary.
Besides her husband, she is survived by sons: Kenneth W. Whiting, husband of Loretta of Windsor, Conn., Ronald F. Whiting, husband of Rhonda of Lititz, Richard A. Whiting, husband of Debe of Elizabethtown; daughter, Diane wife of L. Daniel King of Lock Haven; 11 grandchildren; two great-grandchildren, and a sister-in-law: Faythe Uminski.
She was preceded in death by a brother, William F. Uminski.
Services were held June 13 at St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church, Lancaster. Final commendation and farewell was at St. Anthony’s Cemetery.
Furman’s Funeral Home, Leola, handled the arrangements. Online condolences may be left at FurmanFuneralHome.com.