- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Irene Whiting, 85, homemaker, member of St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church
Irene Whiting, 85, of Lancaster died Monday, June 9, 2014 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Philadelphia, on Jan. 11, 1929, she was the daughter of the late Boleslaw Uminski and Jadwiga Uminski. She was the wife of Maurice Whiting, to whom she was married for 63 years.
She was a homemaker and a member of St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church. She was also a member of St. Joseph’s Junior Auxiliary.
Besides her husband, she is survived by sons: Kenneth W. Whiting, husband of Loretta of Windsor, Conn., Ronald F. Whiting, husband of Rhonda of Lititz, Richard A. Whiting, husband of Debe of Elizabethtown; daughter, Diane wife of L. Daniel King of Lock Haven; 11 grandchildren; two great-grandchildren, and a sister-in-law: Faythe Uminski.
She was preceded in death by a brother, William F. Uminski.
Services were held June 13 at St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church, Lancaster. Final commendation and farewell was at St. Anthony’s Cemetery.
Furman’s Funeral Home, Leola, handled the arrangements. Online condolences may be left at FurmanFuneralHome.com.