- Taste of the Town – March 5, 2014 Edition
- Slideshow – Snowstorm Pax
- 1944: Ralph Spacht donates Advertisements from 1944 building for community center
- Showcase of Homes
- Record Express undergoes most significant redesign in more than 75 years
- This ice is nice
- Crepes Recipe from the Sugar Arts Institute
- Snowy weather leads to accident
- Fire Co. needs help clearing hydrants
Irene H. Beachy 87, worked at Naugle’s Garment Factory, enjoyed baking
Born in Manheim, she is the daughter of the late Elias and Anna Frysinger Hornberger. Married to Eli R. Beachy, they would have celebrated their 67th anniversary March 1.
A loving mother and wife, she enjoyed baking and zucchini bread was her specialty. Irene loved the time she spent talking and crocheting bedspreads with her daughter. She liked to write letters and had 23 pen pals. In her earlier years she worked at Naugle’s Garment Factory in Manheim.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by her daughter: Pat, wife of the late Lester Brotzman, Ephrata; sisters: Mildred Neal, Parkesburg; Arlene Martin, Manheim and grandchildren: Dawn Brennan, Holly Graham, Gene Snyder and three great- grandchildren. She is preceded in death by her daughter: Gloria Woodring; brothers: Arthur and Clarence Hornberger and a sister, Shirley Hornberger.
Funeral Services for Irene will be held at the Richard H. Heisey Funeral Home, 216 S. Broad St., Lititz, on Friday, February 14 at 11 a.m. with a viewing one hour prior to the service. Interment will be in Fairview Cemetery, Manheim.
To send online condolences to the family, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.