- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Irene E. Nolt89, United Zion resident, seamstress
Irene E. Nolt, 89, of Manheim, passed away Friday, Oct. 7, 2011 at the United Zion Retirement Community, Lititz.
Born in Salisbury Township, she was the daughter of the late Eli and Mary Winey Eby. She was the wife of the late Miles O. Nolt who died in 2005.
Irene was a full time self-employed seamstress. She was an active and faithful member of Erisman Mennonite Church, Manheim, where she was a Sunday school teacher for the children and she was involved with the sewing circle. Irene was a member of the Pennsylvania Nut Growers Association and the former Lancaster County Farm Women. She volunteered at the Mount Joy Gift & Thrift. Her interests included reading, walking and daily praying; especially for all her family members.
Surviving are a daughter: Fay E., wife of Ira S. Landis, of Strasburg; three sons: Glenn E., husband of Marilyn Miller Nolt, Clair E., husband of June Wenger Nolt, and Dale E., husband of Karen Miller Nolt, all of Manheim; nine grandchildren; 15 great-grandchildren; and a sister: Miriam Reitz, of Landis Homes.
Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend her funeral service at Erisman Mennonite Church, 8 S. Erisman Road, Manheim, on Oct. 13 at 10 a.m., with Pastors Bill Blank and Andrew Miller officiating. Interment is in the adjoining church cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Irene’s memory to the Mennonite Central Committee, P.O. Box 500, Akron, PA 17501.
To send the family on-line condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.