- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Irene D. Moody 68, former Lititz Record columnist, Eucharistic Minister
Irene D. Moody, 68, of Lititz, died Thursday, April 4, 2013, surrounded by her family at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Lebanon, she was the daughter of Kathryn Morrissey Seyfert and Richard Seyfert, Sr., both of Lebanon.
Irene graduated from Lebanon Catholic High School in 1962 and was a tax preparer for more than 30 years with H&R Block. She also was a columnist for the Lititz Record Express. She was active at St. James Catholic Church in Lititz where she was a Eucharistic Minister and taught in the CCD program. Irene was formerly an active member of the Brunner-Lex Lioness Club. To her family, Irene was "the best mom ever," an attentive, caring mother and grandmother who enjoyed baking and gardening.
In addition to her parents, Irene is survived by her four children: Sheila, wife of Matthew Hershey of Lancaster; Lauren Moody of Lititz; Steven, husband of Lara Moody of Charlestown, N.H.; and Andrew, husband of Christine Moody of Mount Joy. Also surviving are eight grandchildren: Jared, Abigail, Mattelyn, Olivia, Nicolas, Aidan, Amelia, and Patrick; brothers: Richard Jr., Donald, Leon, Allen, Bernard, Phillip, Tom, and Paul Seyfert; and sisters: Margaret Roberts, Patricia Krall, Kathy Young, Joan Smith, and Paulette Hafer. Irene was preceded in death by a brother: David Seyfert, and a sister: Janet Eshelman.
Relatives and friends attended Irene’s funeral mass at St. James Catholic Church April 10 with Rev. James J. O’Blaney, C.Ss.R., presiding. Burial was at Holy Cross Cemetery, Lebanon.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made in Irene’s name to St. James Catholic Church, Religious Education Programs, 505 Woodcrest Ave., Lititz, PA 17543.
Online condolences may be posted at thegroffs.com.