- Northwest EMS breaks ground on new Manheim facility
- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
Irene D. Moody 68, former Lititz Record columnist, Eucharistic Minister
Irene D. Moody, 68, of Lititz, died Thursday, April 4, 2013, surrounded by her family at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Lebanon, she was the daughter of Kathryn Morrissey Seyfert and Richard Seyfert, Sr., both of Lebanon.
Irene graduated from Lebanon Catholic High School in 1962 and was a tax preparer for more than 30 years with H&R Block. She also was a columnist for the Lititz Record Express. She was active at St. James Catholic Church in Lititz where she was a Eucharistic Minister and taught in the CCD program. Irene was formerly an active member of the Brunner-Lex Lioness Club. To her family, Irene was "the best mom ever," an attentive, caring mother and grandmother who enjoyed baking and gardening.
In addition to her parents, Irene is survived by her four children: Sheila, wife of Matthew Hershey of Lancaster; Lauren Moody of Lititz; Steven, husband of Lara Moody of Charlestown, N.H.; and Andrew, husband of Christine Moody of Mount Joy. Also surviving are eight grandchildren: Jared, Abigail, Mattelyn, Olivia, Nicolas, Aidan, Amelia, and Patrick; brothers: Richard Jr., Donald, Leon, Allen, Bernard, Phillip, Tom, and Paul Seyfert; and sisters: Margaret Roberts, Patricia Krall, Kathy Young, Joan Smith, and Paulette Hafer. Irene was preceded in death by a brother: David Seyfert, and a sister: Janet Eshelman.
Relatives and friends attended Irene’s funeral mass at St. James Catholic Church April 10 with Rev. James J. O’Blaney, C.Ss.R., presiding. Burial was at Holy Cross Cemetery, Lebanon.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made in Irene’s name to St. James Catholic Church, Religious Education Programs, 505 Woodcrest Ave., Lititz, PA 17543.
Online condolences may be posted at thegroffs.com.