- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Howard N. Roth Jr. 85, WWII Navy veteran
Howard N. Roth Jr., 85, of Ephrata, died Wednesday, March 14, 2012, in Conestoga View Nursing Home, Lancaster.
Born in Warwick Township, a son of the late Howard N. Sr. and Erla (Nagle) Roth, he was the husband of D. Pauline (Sensenig) Roth for 55 years.
A Navy veteran of World War II, he was a member of St. Paul’s Evangelical Congregational Church and worked for Ford New Holland, now CNH. Howard was a championship bowler with Dutch Lanes Traveling County League.
Also surviving are daughters: Donna L., wife of Herb Alfrey, of Dacula, Ga.; and Carol J., wife of Tim Sweigart, of Ephrata; grandchildren: Daniel, Derek, Dustin and Dyana Sweigart; and Meredith Alfrey (Addison) Hill; and sisters: Geraldine Rupp, of Ephrata; and Betty, wife of Clarence Buch, of New Holland.
A memorial service took place March 19 from Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown, with his pastor, the Rev. Kirk R. Marks, officiating. Private inurnment will take place in Memory Gardens Memorial Park, Ephrata.
Contributions in Howard’s memory may be sent to Hospice of Lancaster County, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 and St. Paul’s Evangelical Congregational Church, Box 275, Reamstown, PA 17567-0275.
For more information, visit goodfuneral.com.