- Taste of the Town – March 5, 2014 Edition
- Slideshow – Snowstorm Pax
- 1944: Ralph Spacht donates Advertisements from 1944 building for community center
- Showcase of Homes
- Record Express undergoes most significant redesign in more than 75 years
- This ice is nice
- Crepes Recipe from the Sugar Arts Institute
- Snowy weather leads to accident
- Fire Co. needs help clearing hydrants
Howard N. Roth Jr. 85, WWII Navy veteran
Howard N. Roth Jr., 85, of Ephrata, died Wednesday, March 14, 2012, in Conestoga View Nursing Home, Lancaster.
Born in Warwick Township, a son of the late Howard N. Sr. and Erla (Nagle) Roth, he was the husband of D. Pauline (Sensenig) Roth for 55 years.
A Navy veteran of World War II, he was a member of St. Paul’s Evangelical Congregational Church and worked for Ford New Holland, now CNH. Howard was a championship bowler with Dutch Lanes Traveling County League.
Also surviving are daughters: Donna L., wife of Herb Alfrey, of Dacula, Ga.; and Carol J., wife of Tim Sweigart, of Ephrata; grandchildren: Daniel, Derek, Dustin and Dyana Sweigart; and Meredith Alfrey (Addison) Hill; and sisters: Geraldine Rupp, of Ephrata; and Betty, wife of Clarence Buch, of New Holland.
A memorial service took place March 19 from Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown, with his pastor, the Rev. Kirk R. Marks, officiating. Private inurnment will take place in Memory Gardens Memorial Park, Ephrata.
Contributions in Howard’s memory may be sent to Hospice of Lancaster County, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 and St. Paul’s Evangelical Congregational Church, Box 275, Reamstown, PA 17567-0275.
For more information, visit goodfuneral.com.