- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Howard Carl Johnson 83, Army veteran, Post 56 member
Howard Carl Johnson, "HOJO," 83, of Lancaster, formally of Lititz, passed away Sunday, Feb. 10 2013.
He was born Dec. 13, 1929 in Wildwood, N.J. and was son of the late Leon and Elenor (Woodword) Johnson.
He was married to the late Ruth (Massey) Johnson for over 50 years. He loved spending time wood-working, fishing and with his family. He was an Army veteran, a member of American Legion Post 56 in Lititz and VFW Post 10555 in Panama City, Fla.
He is survived by a sister: Irene Gilvear of New Jersey; two sons: Gordon Johnson, husband of Cindy, Lititz; and Mark Johnson, husband of Jane, Shillington; 11 nephews, seven nieces, eight grandchildren, and seven great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his wife in 2002, two sons: Karl Johnson, husband of Linda; and David Johnson; two brothers: William Johnson and Leon Johnson; and one sister: Carol Hensman.
In lieu of flowers, donations in Howard’s memory may be made to Hospice and Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, c/o Mount Joy Campus, Lancaster, Pa, 17604-4125.