- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Second Friday the 13th
Howard Carl Johnson 83, Army veteran, Post 56 member
Howard Carl Johnson, "HOJO," 83, of Lancaster, formally of Lititz, passed away Sunday, Feb. 10 2013.
He was born Dec. 13, 1929 in Wildwood, N.J. and was son of the late Leon and Elenor (Woodword) Johnson.
He was married to the late Ruth (Massey) Johnson for over 50 years. He loved spending time wood-working, fishing and with his family. He was an Army veteran, a member of American Legion Post 56 in Lititz and VFW Post 10555 in Panama City, Fla.
He is survived by a sister: Irene Gilvear of New Jersey; two sons: Gordon Johnson, husband of Cindy, Lititz; and Mark Johnson, husband of Jane, Shillington; 11 nephews, seven nieces, eight grandchildren, and seven great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his wife in 2002, two sons: Karl Johnson, husband of Linda; and David Johnson; two brothers: William Johnson and Leon Johnson; and one sister: Carol Hensman.
In lieu of flowers, donations in Howard’s memory may be made to Hospice and Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, c/o Mount Joy Campus, Lancaster, Pa, 17604-4125.