- Taste of the Town – March 5, 2014 Edition
- Slideshow – Snowstorm Pax
- 1944: Ralph Spacht donates Advertisements from 1944 building for community center
- Showcase of Homes
- Record Express undergoes most significant redesign in more than 75 years
- This ice is nice
- Crepes Recipe from the Sugar Arts Institute
- Snowy weather leads to accident
- Fire Co. needs help clearing hydrants
Howard Carl Johnson 83, Army veteran, Post 56 member
Howard Carl Johnson, "HOJO," 83, of Lancaster, formally of Lititz, passed away Sunday, Feb. 10 2013.
He was born Dec. 13, 1929 in Wildwood, N.J. and was son of the late Leon and Elenor (Woodword) Johnson.
He was married to the late Ruth (Massey) Johnson for over 50 years. He loved spending time wood-working, fishing and with his family. He was an Army veteran, a member of American Legion Post 56 in Lititz and VFW Post 10555 in Panama City, Fla.
He is survived by a sister: Irene Gilvear of New Jersey; two sons: Gordon Johnson, husband of Cindy, Lititz; and Mark Johnson, husband of Jane, Shillington; 11 nephews, seven nieces, eight grandchildren, and seven great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his wife in 2002, two sons: Karl Johnson, husband of Linda; and David Johnson; two brothers: William Johnson and Leon Johnson; and one sister: Carol Hensman.
In lieu of flowers, donations in Howard’s memory may be made to Hospice and Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, c/o Mount Joy Campus, Lancaster, Pa, 17604-4125.