- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Herman Rudolph Reitz
81, Warwick graduate, pastor,
Mennonite World Review correspondent
Herman Rudolph Reitz, 81, died Sunday, Oct. 6, 2013 at Rockingham Memorial Hospital.
He was born Oct. 16, 1931, the son of J. Harlan and Ruth Sonon Bushong Reitz in Lancaster.
A committed Christian, he was born again, Dec. 27, 1947. He was a graduate of Warwick Township High School (Rothsville), 1949, and Millersville State Teachers College, 1953. While in alternate (to military) service at the Philadelphia State Hospital, 1953-1955, he was married to Mary Elizabeth Enck, RN, who survives. He was a graduate of Eastern Mennonite Seminary, (Virginia), Union Theological Seminary, The Presbyterian School of Christian Education and New York University. He pastored Mennonite congregations in Richmond, Mt. Jackson and Dayton, and was an Eastern Mennonite College and Seminary faculty member, 1961 to 2003. For many years, he was an adult Sunday School teacher, a chaplain’s associate at Rockingham Memorial Hospital, a "Meals on Wheels" volunteer and a Mennonite World Review correspondent.
He is survived by his loving wife: Mary; daughters: Judith (Mrs. Brent) Trumbo and Beth (Mrs. William) Tysinger; grandchildren: Cody Trumbo, Delaney, Will and Emma Tysinger and sisters: Shirley (Mrs. Glenn) Demmy and Ginnie (Mrs. Donald) Good, both of Ephrata.
A memorial service was held at Dayton Mennonite Church, Dayton, Va. on Oct. 9.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to VMRC, Compassion Fund, 1491 Virginia Ave., Harrisonburg, VA 22802.