- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Herman Rudolph Reitz
81, Warwick graduate, pastor,
Mennonite World Review correspondent
Herman Rudolph Reitz, 81, died Sunday, Oct. 6, 2013 at Rockingham Memorial Hospital.
He was born Oct. 16, 1931, the son of J. Harlan and Ruth Sonon Bushong Reitz in Lancaster.
A committed Christian, he was born again, Dec. 27, 1947. He was a graduate of Warwick Township High School (Rothsville), 1949, and Millersville State Teachers College, 1953. While in alternate (to military) service at the Philadelphia State Hospital, 1953-1955, he was married to Mary Elizabeth Enck, RN, who survives. He was a graduate of Eastern Mennonite Seminary, (Virginia), Union Theological Seminary, The Presbyterian School of Christian Education and New York University. He pastored Mennonite congregations in Richmond, Mt. Jackson and Dayton, and was an Eastern Mennonite College and Seminary faculty member, 1961 to 2003. For many years, he was an adult Sunday School teacher, a chaplain’s associate at Rockingham Memorial Hospital, a "Meals on Wheels" volunteer and a Mennonite World Review correspondent.
He is survived by his loving wife: Mary; daughters: Judith (Mrs. Brent) Trumbo and Beth (Mrs. William) Tysinger; grandchildren: Cody Trumbo, Delaney, Will and Emma Tysinger and sisters: Shirley (Mrs. Glenn) Demmy and Ginnie (Mrs. Donald) Good, both of Ephrata.
A memorial service was held at Dayton Mennonite Church, Dayton, Va. on Oct. 9.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to VMRC, Compassion Fund, 1491 Virginia Ave., Harrisonburg, VA 22802.