- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Herbert R. Harple
62, Lanc. Beverage truck driver,
active club member
Herbert R. Harple, 62, of Lancaster, died Friday, Sept. 6, 2013 at Luther Acres, Lititz. Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Charles F. and Catherine McComsey Harple and was the husband of Patricia A. Mattern Harple with whom he celebrated 35 years of marriage in May.
Up until the time of his illness, he was employed as a truck driver by Lancaster Beverage. He was a member of Christ Lutheran Church, American Legion #34, Legion Riders Post 466 and Riverside Camping Association. He enjoyed NASCAR, Eagles football and car shows.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by his daughter: Melissa A. Tout of Lititz; a son: Joseph E. Harple of East Fallowfield; two grandchildren: Marcus and Cheyenne; a brother: Jerry Harple and a sister: Verlene Finkler. He was predeceased by two brothers: Raymond and Charles Harple and a sister: Joline Perry.
Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend Herbert’s celebration of life graveside service at Riverview Burial Park, South Duke Street Sept. 11 at 11 a.m. with Pastor Peter Schwabe-Fry officiating.
Please omit flowers. Memorials in Herbert’s name may be made to the charity of your choice.
Online condolences may be posted at thegroffs.com.