- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Herbert J. Miller
60, U.S. Army vet, CNA at
United Zion Retirement
Herbert J. Miller, 60, of Lancaster, passed away Friday, Oct. 25, 2013 at Hospice & Community Care, Mount Joy.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late John W. and Marian E. (Wickersham) Miller.
A veteran, he served in the United States Army as a medic in Germany. Herbert enjoyed working with the elderly. He was a certified nursing assistant at United Zion Retirement Community. Herbert loved to cook and garden.
Herbert is survived by his life partner and best friend, Kendall Hurst of Lititz; five brothers: Jack, Barry, Ronnie, Victor and Brian Miller and half-sisters: Nancy Lawrence and Jackie Hollister, all of Lancaster.
Herbert was preceded in death by two brothers: Terry and Scott Miller.
A funeral service was held Oct. 29 at the Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz. Interment was at Memory Gardens, Ephrata.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Herbert’s name to Hospice & Community Care, 685 Good Drive, PO Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.