- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
Herbert J. Miller
60, U.S. Army vet, CNA at
United Zion Retirement
Herbert J. Miller, 60, of Lancaster, passed away Friday, Oct. 25, 2013 at Hospice & Community Care, Mount Joy.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late John W. and Marian E. (Wickersham) Miller.
A veteran, he served in the United States Army as a medic in Germany. Herbert enjoyed working with the elderly. He was a certified nursing assistant at United Zion Retirement Community. Herbert loved to cook and garden.
Herbert is survived by his life partner and best friend, Kendall Hurst of Lititz; five brothers: Jack, Barry, Ronnie, Victor and Brian Miller and half-sisters: Nancy Lawrence and Jackie Hollister, all of Lancaster.
Herbert was preceded in death by two brothers: Terry and Scott Miller.
A funeral service was held Oct. 29 at the Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz. Interment was at Memory Gardens, Ephrata.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Herbert’s name to Hospice & Community Care, 685 Good Drive, PO Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.