- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Herbert J. Miller
60, U.S. Army vet, CNA at
United Zion Retirement
Herbert J. Miller, 60, of Lancaster, passed away Friday, Oct. 25, 2013 at Hospice & Community Care, Mount Joy.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late John W. and Marian E. (Wickersham) Miller.
A veteran, he served in the United States Army as a medic in Germany. Herbert enjoyed working with the elderly. He was a certified nursing assistant at United Zion Retirement Community. Herbert loved to cook and garden.
Herbert is survived by his life partner and best friend, Kendall Hurst of Lititz; five brothers: Jack, Barry, Ronnie, Victor and Brian Miller and half-sisters: Nancy Lawrence and Jackie Hollister, all of Lancaster.
Herbert was preceded in death by two brothers: Terry and Scott Miller.
A funeral service was held Oct. 29 at the Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz. Interment was at Memory Gardens, Ephrata.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Herbert’s name to Hospice & Community Care, 685 Good Drive, PO Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.