- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Henry S. Bowman 94, Landis Homes resident, poultry farmer, enjoyed music, family time
Henry S. Bowman, 94, of 1001 E. Oregon Rd., Lititz, died March 25, 2014 at Landis Homes.
His wife of 69 years, Ruth S. (Stoltzfus) Bowman, survives.
Born in East Earl, he was the son of the late Henry and Emma (Snader) Bowman.
Henry was a poultry farmer and a member of Erisman Mennonite Church. He was a loving husband and father who enjoyed spending time with his family. He also enjoyed music.
Surviving in addition to his wife are six children: Violet Sears, Greenwood, Del.; Linda married to Robert Zimmerman, Stevens; Dr. John married to Hazel Good, Richmond, Va.; Henry, Jr. married to Sharon Brandt, Manheim; Carol married to James Miller, Palmyra; and Helen married to Mike Dabbs, Denver; 13 grandchildren; 19 great-grandchildren; and a brother: Clayton married to Mabel, Fairmount Homes.
He was preceded in death by a daughter: Doris Jane Bowman; and six siblings: Edwin, Aaron, Ivan, Walter and Raymond Bowman and Elva Martin.
Services were held March 28 at Landis Homes West Bethany Chapel. Interment followed in WeaverlandMennoniteCemetery. Kindly omit flowers. If desired, memorials may be sent to the Landis Homes Caring Fund, 1001 E. Oregon Rd., Lititz, PA17543.
The Groff-High Funeral Home, New Holland is in charge of arrangements. Online condolences may be posted at groffeckenroth.com.