- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Henry S. Bowman 94, Landis Homes resident, poultry farmer, enjoyed music, family time
Henry S. Bowman, 94, of 1001 E. Oregon Rd., Lititz, died March 25, 2014 at Landis Homes.
His wife of 69 years, Ruth S. (Stoltzfus) Bowman, survives.
Born in East Earl, he was the son of the late Henry and Emma (Snader) Bowman.
Henry was a poultry farmer and a member of Erisman Mennonite Church. He was a loving husband and father who enjoyed spending time with his family. He also enjoyed music.
Surviving in addition to his wife are six children: Violet Sears, Greenwood, Del.; Linda married to Robert Zimmerman, Stevens; Dr. John married to Hazel Good, Richmond, Va.; Henry, Jr. married to Sharon Brandt, Manheim; Carol married to James Miller, Palmyra; and Helen married to Mike Dabbs, Denver; 13 grandchildren; 19 great-grandchildren; and a brother: Clayton married to Mabel, Fairmount Homes.
He was preceded in death by a daughter: Doris Jane Bowman; and six siblings: Edwin, Aaron, Ivan, Walter and Raymond Bowman and Elva Martin.
Services were held March 28 at Landis Homes West Bethany Chapel. Interment followed in WeaverlandMennoniteCemetery. Kindly omit flowers. If desired, memorials may be sent to the Landis Homes Caring Fund, 1001 E. Oregon Rd., Lititz, PA17543.
The Groff-High Funeral Home, New Holland is in charge of arrangements. Online condolences may be posted at groffeckenroth.com.