- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Helen R. Xakellis90, Manheim VFW member, Mount Hope resident
Helen R. "Honey" Xakellis, 90, of Manheim, passed away Monday, Feb. 13, 2012 at Mount Hope Nazarene Retirement Community, Manheim.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late Arthur E. and Elizabeth Wise Bouder. She was the wife of the late Peter G. Xakellis, who died in 2008.
Helen was a member of Trinity United Church of Christ, East Petersburg. She was also a member of the Manheim VFW Post 5956 Auxiliary. Her interests included knitting, crocheting, cooking, playing bingo and she was a Philadelphia Phillies fan.
Surviving are two daughters: Sandra X., wife of David L. Giltz, of Lebanon; and Diane E., wife of Charles W. "Chuck" Geib II, of Manheim; and two grandchildren: Charles "Chip" Geib III and Sarah, wife of Eric Quinn.
She was preceded in death by four brothers: Harold, Chester, Reuben and Arthur Bouder Jr.; and three sisters: Alice Campbell, Theresa Shotzberger and Elizabeth "Susie" Patterson.
Her funeral service was held at the Buch Funeral Home, Manheim on Feb. 17 with Rev. Michael W. Beynon officiating. Entombment took place in Conestoga Memorial Park, Lancaster.
Kindly omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Helen’s memory to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 or Mount Hope Nazarene Retirement Community, 3026 Mount Hope Home Road, Manheim, PA 17545.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.