- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Helen R. Xakellis90, Manheim VFW member, Mount Hope resident
Helen R. "Honey" Xakellis, 90, of Manheim, passed away Monday, Feb. 13, 2012 at Mount Hope Nazarene Retirement Community, Manheim.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late Arthur E. and Elizabeth Wise Bouder. She was the wife of the late Peter G. Xakellis, who died in 2008.
Helen was a member of Trinity United Church of Christ, East Petersburg. She was also a member of the Manheim VFW Post 5956 Auxiliary. Her interests included knitting, crocheting, cooking, playing bingo and she was a Philadelphia Phillies fan.
Surviving are two daughters: Sandra X., wife of David L. Giltz, of Lebanon; and Diane E., wife of Charles W. "Chuck" Geib II, of Manheim; and two grandchildren: Charles "Chip" Geib III and Sarah, wife of Eric Quinn.
She was preceded in death by four brothers: Harold, Chester, Reuben and Arthur Bouder Jr.; and three sisters: Alice Campbell, Theresa Shotzberger and Elizabeth "Susie" Patterson.
Her funeral service was held at the Buch Funeral Home, Manheim on Feb. 17 with Rev. Michael W. Beynon officiating. Entombment took place in Conestoga Memorial Park, Lancaster.
Kindly omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Helen’s memory to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 or Mount Hope Nazarene Retirement Community, 3026 Mount Hope Home Road, Manheim, PA 17545.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.