- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Helen R. Xakellis90, Manheim VFW member, Mount Hope resident
Helen R. "Honey" Xakellis, 90, of Manheim, passed away Monday, Feb. 13, 2012 at Mount Hope Nazarene Retirement Community, Manheim.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late Arthur E. and Elizabeth Wise Bouder. She was the wife of the late Peter G. Xakellis, who died in 2008.
Helen was a member of Trinity United Church of Christ, East Petersburg. She was also a member of the Manheim VFW Post 5956 Auxiliary. Her interests included knitting, crocheting, cooking, playing bingo and she was a Philadelphia Phillies fan.
Surviving are two daughters: Sandra X., wife of David L. Giltz, of Lebanon; and Diane E., wife of Charles W. "Chuck" Geib II, of Manheim; and two grandchildren: Charles "Chip" Geib III and Sarah, wife of Eric Quinn.
She was preceded in death by four brothers: Harold, Chester, Reuben and Arthur Bouder Jr.; and three sisters: Alice Campbell, Theresa Shotzberger and Elizabeth "Susie" Patterson.
Her funeral service was held at the Buch Funeral Home, Manheim on Feb. 17 with Rev. Michael W. Beynon officiating. Entombment took place in Conestoga Memorial Park, Lancaster.
Kindly omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Helen’s memory to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 or Mount Hope Nazarene Retirement Community, 3026 Mount Hope Home Road, Manheim, PA 17545.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.