- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Helen R. Miller81, Manheim Auto Auction employee, active volunteer
Helen R. Miller, 81, of Manheim, went home to be with the Lord Thursday, Dec. 29, 2011 at the Pleasant View Retirement Community, Manheim.
Born in Penn Township, she was the daughter of the late Melvin G. and Erma C. Smith Hoffer. She was the loving wife of the late Jay N. Miller, who died in January of 1988.
Helen worked in the cafeteria for the Manheim Auto Auction and the Garden Spot Auto Auction, Ephrata, for many years. Previously, she was employed by the Manheim Central School District at the White Oak Elementary School, where she also helped in the cafeteria and in the maintenance department. Helen was an active and faithful member of Jerusalem Church, Manheim, where she helped with the Altar Guild, Heifer International and the annual Sunday School picnic. She volunteered her time helping with the Meals on Wheels program for the Manheim area. Her interests included flower and vegetable gardening and traveling with friends to new destinations throughout the world.
Surviving are two daughters: Sandra H., wife of Michael K. Winters, of Lebanon; and Gail H. Burkholder, of Ephrata; a son: Douglas H., husband of Linda Kline Miller, of Lititz; seven grandchildren; six great- grandchildren; two sisters: Dorothy Sauder and Anna Mary Youtz, both of Manheim; and a brother: Enos, husband of Peggy Hoffer, of Manheim.
Preceding her in death is a brother: Abel Hoffer.
Her funeral service was held at Jerusalem Church, Manheim, on Jan. 3. Interment took place in Penryn Cemetery, Penn Township.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be sent in Helen’s memory to Jerusalem Church, 1620 Newport Road, Manheim, PA 17545.
To send the family on-line condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.